Skip to main content

Although the post is very small, the news in it is big 😃

With v12 you can start a Active Full backup of a single VM processed by a job. Just open the progress dialog of the job and right-click the VM you want to backup. As you can see, this can also be used to run a Retry just for selected machines.

Important: this will just work when you use the also new feature in v12: True per-machine backup files 

Oh, that’s a really nice news!

This is another really great feature add for v12. Tested it already and works great.

Amazing that I’m just finding this out!

I don’t even know this function, it’s so cool.

@vNote42 thank you for sharing.

@dloseke thank you for replying and re-pop this.

I learn a lot from this community.

I remember hearing about this but I never had occasion to try it until now.  Unfortunate, this doesn’t seem to work for me.  Using v12.0 and v12.1.2, when I right-click on a server in the progress dialog, I don’t get any popup at all.  Has the feature been removed?

Hi @RubinCompServ this is only working, when your backup chain is running on the True per-machine backup format. Every VM in this chain will then have its own .vbm / Metafile.

See more details here: Backup Chain Formats - User Guide for VMware vSphere (veeam.com) and to migrate to this new format please check this article: Upgrading Backup Chain Formats - User Guide for VMware vSphere (veeam.com).

Best, Markus

Thank you Markus!  Once I upgraded the backup chain, I got the options!

Comment