VMware Certified Professional DCV 2021 Study Guide

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

For my first Veeam Community post, I thought I would share with you all something I’ve been doing for over a decade - an exam prep Study Guide; this one being for VMware VCP-DCV 2021. For those who haven’t followed me over the years, I started creating these “outlines”, i.e. Study Guides, for my own benefit to help me with tech cert exam prep. I then thought others in the community may benefit using them, so I decided to share them online. I generally post them on Twitter, so if you’d like to follow me, you can do so from here.

When reviewing the VMware ‘Blueprint’ for the DCV 2021 exam as compared to the 2020 exam, I was initially overwhelmed by the additional content for 2021. As I dove deeper into the 2021 exam Objectives, it turns out a lot of them were similar to what was asked to know for the 2020 exam, so it wasn’t too bad to review. As with most of my Guides, I enjoyed learning about the new tech VMware implemented with vSphere 7 - e.g. Identity Federation & Lifecycle Manager; and some which has been around a couple yrs, but I just became aware of - Instant Clone.

After creating the Guide, I took an extra week or so to finalize my studies for the VCP-DCV exam and I thankfully passed. As with all previous VMware VCP-DCV exams, it consists of 70 questions and is overall 130 minutes long, but my guess is if you’ve used vSphere a while, you won’t need more than an hour… 40 minutes for the first round of answering the questions, then another 20 minutes to review and, if needed, change answers to any questions you feel are necessary. And, as of last year, one change with the exam process I like is having the ability to take it online. I personally don’t mind sometimes going to a facility to have less destractions, but generally like the convenience of at-home test-taking for the lesser advanced exams. 

So, without further ado, here is the Guide. Click here to download it. As with other Guides I’ve shared with the community, all I ask is if you share this with other folks directly or on social media, just please give the author credit. All the best in your studies!

34 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@coolsport00 Thanks for your sharing. That guide is very useful for preparation of VCP-DCV exam. In your guide, it summary all keys points in each section for VCP-DCV exam. Actually the format and contents of your study guide are similar to one VCAP 4 study guide that I used it for exam preparation before a few years. :grin: I sure your guide can help many people.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Thank you for your kind words Victor. Glad it helped you!

Cheers!

Userlevel 5
Badge

Only notice this guide today and did exam yesterday 😂

But this is a great guide Shane with lot of work on it, you should put this as a blog post or something and put it more visible to community.

Again, great guide.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Thank you @JailBreak . Appreciate the kind words.
This was my Study Guide blog post actually 😊 I then shared this post on LinkedIn and Twitter. Glad you passed your exam!

Cheers!

Userlevel 5
Badge

Now need to do the VMCA that I have postponed 3 times already ☹️

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Do it you got it. 👍😎

Userlevel 5
Badge

Do it you got it. 👍😎

Is booked for next month, cant postpone anymore 😂

So need to do it

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello,

Thanks to share :)

Move yourself toward achievement with all the support of VMware Certified Professional 2V0-21.20 exam questions/answers pdf of Validexamdumps.

Download Full Practice Exam Questions/Answers Here: Validexamdumps

Question No. 1

Refer to the exhibit.

OtherImage_25445f5b5-4bc5-4024-8609-f12a01f5cafc.png

Which trusted infrastructure component is missing and represented by the area labeled ''A''? (Choose the best answer.)

A Key Management Server
B vSphere Virtual Machine Encryption
C Key Provider Service
D Attestation Service

Question No. 2

What are two supported ESXi boot options? (Choose two.)

A NFS
B iSCSI
C vSAN
D SAN
E vSphere Virtual Volumes

Correct Answer: B, D

Comment