When creating an as-built Report I get this error
how do upgrade Veeam.Backup.Powershell

icon

Best answer by mkevenaar 15 December 2022, 10:52

View original

6 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @EddieZimbabwe :) I moved your post to Automation Desk ( https://community.veeam.com/groups/automation-desk-103) . I am sure someone in there can help out!

@mkevenaar 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@EddieZimbabwe based on your output, AsBuildReport is unable to locate the VeeamPSSnapin module. I believe this ships with the Veeam Backup and Replication Console. Could you verify if you have installed that software on the machine you try to run this from?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Veeam PowerShell module/Snapin comes with the VBR Console installation. So you can run AsBuildReport just on machines with VBR Console installed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

PS: therefore, if you want to update/upgrade Module, you need to update/upgrade VBR Console as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

And additionally, perhaps there is a conflict with the PS Snap-in used up to VBR 10 and the PS Module used since VBR V11.

If your script was written in a time before V11 was available it searches probably for the snap-in and if you have a Veeam console V11 there is the module available only.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

No, the AsBuiltReport is updated to use the Veeam PowerShell Module, but it is not found on your system.  You need to install the VBR Console to get this PowerShell module available to the ABR platform.

If you want to understand the details, the specific issue you are running into is within the Get-AbrVbrRequiredModule function that is run to verify that you have VBR PowerShell installed.

There are explicit messages that are thrown based on if you need to install versus upgrade:

if ($ModuleVersion -eq ".")  {
throw "$Name $Version or higher is required to run the Veeam VBR As Built Report. Install the Veeam Backup & Replication console that provide the required modules."
}
if ($ModuleVersion -lt $Version) {
throw "$Name $Version or higher is required to run the Veeam VBR As Built Report. Update the Veeam Backup & Replication console that provide the required modules."
}

Your error message from the screenshot means that the AsBuiltReport module cannot find the “Veeam.Backup.PowerShell” module of version “1.0” or higher on your system.

Nerd knob level details: line #55 here and then line #81 here.

Comment