New VUG USA Region to Start Soon!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Good morning VUG USA! 🇺🇲

For those who don’t know me, I’m Shane Williford, a Systems Architect working for a customer educational entity based in the Kansas City, MO area. I have reached out to the Veeam team about starting a local Veeam User Group in the area. After a couple initial discussions, we are in agreement to potentially have our first meetup sometime this year. (no details yet)

But, before we do, I’d like to get a feel for those in or near the area who have interest in this group. By the voting option below, “yes” or “no”, please select yes if you’d be interested in attending and/or feel a group in the KC area is worthwhile; select no if otherwise.

Also, for those interested, what content are you most interested in? What area of the city are you most likely to attend? (i.e. northland, P&L/Downtown, somewhere in Johnson Co) Please share any ideas you have in a comment below. 

Thank you!

VOTE:

Are you interested in a Veeam User Group (VUG) in the Kansas City area?

11 comments

Userlevel 1
Badge

Good to see, but out of my area :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Great to see a possible new area but being Canadian little far for me.  Best of luck getting a new group going.  👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Chris.Childerhose - vacay trip? 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Chris.Childerhose - vacay trip? 😂

Yeah, that may work.  😋😂

A little far for me also.  We’re in NWA.  But I would be interested if there was something closer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Thanks for sharing @tinacornelison 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi Shane, I was just thinking about this as well and had considered talking to the higher powers about some sort of VUG activities in the midwest, but I hadn’t had time to put much thought to it.  I think it’d be silly for me to consider any other region, so joining the KC region makes the most sense from Omaha.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Great to hear Derek! 

Hi Shane,

We met at the recent Veeam event in OP. Let me know how I can help put something together. I’m KC north based.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @bradk917 - glad you found the area. You should receive notifications when we create a mtg announcement in the coming weeks.

Best. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @bradk917 -

FYI...the KC VUG registration page is up. Feel free to register if you’ll be available. Details/info/registration is at the following link:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/veeam-user-group-kansas-city-tickets-863235228807?aff=ebdsoporgprofile&lang=en-us&locale=en_US&status=30&view=listing

An official VUG USA post will be made soon, but thought I’d share it here.

Thanks.

Comment