In-person meeting - Houston Kickoff!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

We had a successful VUG event in Houston on Tuesday! The event served as a kickoff for a rotation of in-person meetings that will take place in Texas in the future! Myself and @Mayhem started the event with a quick introduction, before handing off to Backblaze for a quick sponsor presentation.

When we returned, we hosted a Veeam expert AMA, where members could share their Veeam environments, ask us and the local Veeam SEs questions to try to stump us, and suggest content they’d like to see in future meetings.

After the event, everyone went and spent a few hours playing pinball and retro arcade games.

Thanks again to Different Dev, Backblaze, Cloud IBR, and Object First for sponsoring the event, so we could have an awesome evening and some delicious Jimmy John’s. We were also able to hand out some fun swag and do some raffles!

We’ll be coming to Dallas next over the summer (likely July-ish), so don’t miss out! Keep your eyes peeled on the Hub for the event sign-up or subscribe to our newsletter and get event notifications by clicking here.

5 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Looks like you all had a great event Jonah! Very cool. I’m looking to have mine here in KC towards the end of next month...more details to come.

Userlevel 1

Thanks Jonah and Tom for the opportunity.  We have a blast and look forward to continuing to support any future VUGs with you.  

Shane - if you need any support for your KC VUG, please let me know.

Thanks - Don

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Wow that looks like it was an awesome event.  Congrats everyone.  Some great sponsors too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Thanks Jonah and Tom for the opportunity.  We have a blast and look forward to continuing to support any future VUGs with you.  

Shane - if you need any support for your KC VUG, please let me know.

Thanks - Don

Sure thing Don. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Good job, @JonahMay and @Mayhem ! :) 

Comment