Question

File to Tape and Backup to Tape jobs - get list of files copied to tape or list of tape contents

I’ve looked at the job logs and they don’t specify the exact files that were backed up.  A file to tape jobs lists the equivalent of “5 folders and 3 files backed up”.  And I cannot seem to run a report of the contents of tapes, I instead have to right click on tapes in the media pools and view it there.

Would you have any recommendations?

5 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If you use VONE then you can run a report to show what is on tape otherwise the way your doing it is the way from the console.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@SteveHeartwrote a script that lists the Veeam Backup files stored in tape. I haven't tried it for File to Tape but maybe it can also be used to list those files?

https://github.com/yetanothermightytool/powershell/blob/master/vbr/vbr-get-tapeinfo/vbr-get-tapeinfo.ps1

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Did they finally make a VeeamONE report that does this? For many years I remember having to go to th gui to right click on the tape to get the file names. Then there was someone who I think used a script in the sql even. 

I will also checkout that script too. Funny thing is that I don’t need it now as I don’t have a tape drive but want to try with a test VTL at least for fun :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Did they finally make a VeeamONE report that does this? For many years I remember having to go to th gui to right click on the tape to get the file names. Then there was someone who I think used a script in the sql even. 

I will also checkout that script too. Funny thing is that I don’t need it now as I don’t have a tape drive but want to try with a test VTL at least for fun :)

I am positive I saw a report but could be mistaken still on vacation so will look when back.  That script should work too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Its confusing I agree. Right now they list these:

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/one/reporter/veeam_br_tape_reports.html?ver=120

But I don’t think there is one that actually lists the files.

Comment