Backup Issue with Linux Workstation Laptop - Need Assistance

Userlevel 1

Hey Veeam Community,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm facing a backup issue with my Linux workstation laptop and could really use some assistance and insights from fellow users and experts here.

Issue: My Linux laptop (running Ubuntu 20.04) is giving me trouble when I attempt to back up its data using Veeam Backup & Replication. The backup process seems to hang or fail consistently, and I'm not entirely sure what might be causing the problem.

What I've Tried:

I've checked the network connection to ensure there are no interruptions during the backup process.
I've examined the Veeam logs, but they don't seem to provide much clarity on the root cause of the issue.
I've tested the backup process on a Windows machine, and it works flawlessly, so it appears to be specific to my Linux laptop.
System Details:

Laptop OS: Ubuntu 20.04
Veeam Backup & Replication Version: [V12]
Network Connection: Stable and reliable
Questions:

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue with Veeam Backup & Replication on a Linux workstation?
Are there any specific settings or configurations I should be aware of when backing up Linux systems?
Are there any known compatibility issues between Veeam and Ubuntu 20.04 that could be causing this problem?
I'm open to any suggestions, tips, or insights you might have to offer. If you've successfully backed up Linux systems using Veeam, I'd love to hear about your experience and any steps you took to ensure a smooth backup process.

Thanks in advance for your help. Your expertise would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

Yamaris

3 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @yamarisjohnson - can you share what error(s) you're getting?

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

A couple areas you can begin to look are the VAL system requirements , specifically for required components (in the ‘Software’ section) which must reside on the the Linux system, & this Veeam KB.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Yes, the error would be most helpful.

Comment