Question

veeam 365, cleint connection to service provider

• 24 October 2023
  • 3 comments

Userlevel 3

Hi all,

we have a client that uses 365 back ups with us and is self service (only buys the license) ,. when this was set up. i can see on our 365 server that their organisation is their and is backing up with warnings,. however the client wiped their server and has asked us to set veeam back up properly for them,. i have succesfully done the veeam B&R but i cant get my head round how the client is able to see the back up jobs for 365 and more importantly how does he go about restoring said back ups using veeam explorer?

should the organisiation be on his machine and then he backs it up to the cloud storage from there like B&R

or is it set up correctly on our 365 server and he just browses to it? 

any help will be greatly appreciated 

3 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You need to have the repository on the VB365 server as well as the Organization and Backup Jobs.  Everything is done from this console, and you typically don’t install VBR on the same server unless clients require access to the Explorers.  The client accesses the portal via your server.

Userlevel 3

thank you for your response,. 

so i have understood correctly,. 

the client should only use VSPC to access the back ups and restore and shouldn't need any other applications? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

thank you for your response,. 

so i have understood correctly,. 

the client should only use VSPC to access the back ups and restore and shouldn't need any other applications? 

That is correct if you are leveraging VSPC.

Comment