UK Veeam User Group - 2024 schedule

• 11 January 2024
  • 8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Happy New Year !!

The leaders @Cragdoo @Ian Sanderson @MicoolPaul are delighted to announce the planned events for the user group for 2024.

We want to try and keep the cadence realistic and achievable, so we’re planning to hold quarterly virtual meetings and ending the year with an in-person event.

We’re still in the early stages of planning, but we wanted to give you some markers for you diary

April - virtual event
July - virtual event
November - in-person event

Definite dates and location for the in-person event are being planned/discussed. When we have more cement information etc we will share with you as soon as possible.

In the mean time, please provide any feedback/content you’d like to see/offers to present etc and we can plan out the session throughout these events.

Thanks for your patience and continued interest.

UK VUG Leaders

8 comments

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Morning Craig. Assuming we can find someone with the relevant expertise, can we organize a session on integrating Veeam B&R with Terraform please?

We’re using it to manage our AWS S3 Veeam buckets, and I’d like to see if we can do something similar on-prem with the storage and backup jobs.

Thanks, Rob.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Morning Craig. Assuming we can find someone with the relevant expertise, can we organize a session on integrating Veeam B&R with Terraform please?

We’re using it to manage our AWS S3 Veeam buckets, and I’d like to see if we can do something similar on-prem with the storage and backup jobs.

Thanks, Rob.

Hi Rob, 

Just out of curiosity, and if I am understanding this correctly, Terraform is being used to manage AWS S3 buckets? 
Are you thinking of using Terraform to push out Veeam Agents / manage storage?

Cheers,
Dips

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

That’s correct Dips - we use Terraform to create/delete the buckets. Once the profile is configured, it’s simply a case of adding the new bucket to a json file and running the update process.

I’ve seen links in the past (e.g. https://github.com/VeeamHub/veeam-terraform) that talk about Veeam integration, but I’m not sure what it can actually do. Ideally, we’d like it to manage the backup jobs as they go through the most change in our environment.

Rob.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

VRO may be a good subject.

Also, I’m interested in the public cloud side of things as I’ve not had much exposure to that. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi Rob, 

Just out of curiosity, and if I am understanding this correctly, Terraform is being used to manage AWS S3 buckets? 

Cheers,
Dips

I’ve replied Dips, but it hasn’t been authorised by the admins yet. In meantime, this is the closest I’ve found to what’s currently available in Veeam and Terraform.

community.veeam.com/automation-desk-103/backups-as-code-manage-veeam-s3-credentials-with-terraform-4590

There are definitely solution for creating S3 buckets and IAM credentials, but nothing (so far) that I can see for creating B&R backup jobs within Terraform.

Rob.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

VRO may be a good subject.

Also, I’m interested in the public cloud side of things as I’ve not had much exposure to that. 

If you can’t wait Mark, our account manager organised a brief demo of VRO for us last year. I’m sure they’d be more than happy to do one for you, although I’d much more prefer it was part of a VUG seminar with a bit more real-world detail than the demo had.

Rob.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Cheers Rob,

We have a call with our SE this week but like you, I’d like more real-world detail. From an MSP perspective it looks great but I’m not sure it's there yet especially for vCD integration. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi Rob, 

Cheers,
Dips

I’ve replied Dips, but it hasn’t been authorised by the admins yet. In meantime, this is the closest I’ve found to what’s currently available in Veeam and Terraform.

community.veeam.com/automation-desk-103/backups-as-code-manage-veeam-s3-credentials-with-terraform-4590

There are definitely solution for creating S3 buckets and IAM credentials, but nothing (so far) that I can see for creating B&R backup jobs within Terraform.

Rob.

Got it, thanks!

Comment