Solved

Unable to process the worlkoad: your license has been exceeded

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I have a successfull running backup job of 10 vm (which is the limit). I recently moved that vm to another server/datastore and the backup job claimed that this machine wasn’t found the following evening.

To correct that problem, I edited the job, removing that vm and re-adding it to the job.

Since that time the backup job report that I exceeded the maximum, which is not true!

Is that someone can help me with that please?

Denis Gravel

CEGEP de Thetford

icon

Best answer by Mildur 29 March 2023, 19:50

View original

4 comments

I’m assuming the backup of that additional VM still exists, right? You’d need to delete it from disk in order for the licensing to line up.

Veeam licensing is based on protected workloads, and covers any restore point taken within the last 31 days. (Reference)

Userlevel 1

Thanks a lot! I’ll try it right away!

Userlevel 1

Worked fine! Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

You’d need to delete it from disk in order for the licensing to line up.

Sounds a little bit harsh :) Just revoking the license would have done it too. Revoking option is provided for such situations (VMs moved to new host). 

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/revoke_servers.html?ver=120

Since that time the backup job report that I exceeded the maximum, which is not true!

Our product tracks those VMs over the MoRefID. When you migrate VMs to another host, they will have a new MoRefID. Veeam will recognize those VMs as new VMs and therefore tried to assign new licenses. That‘s also the reason you had to edit the jobs and add the VMs again.

If you have a vCenter and moved those VMs, the MoRefID wouldn‘t have change in vCenter. 

Best,

Fabian

Comment