Solved

Unable to Install Veeam Backup Replication & Console on Server

• 21 November 2023
  • 7 comments

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I recently decided to Install the community edition of Veeam Backup Replication on my home server.

Each time the Install process seems to fail, then I’m met with the errors pictured below.

I have installed it on my Gaming PC with no issues at all.

I’ve scoured forums for countless hours and have found nothing that resolves this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by PeteSteven 22 November 2023, 14:46

View original

7 comments

Userlevel 2

Can you confirm the OS you are using and how much free space you have?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Based on this forum post - https://forums.veeam.com/veeam-backup-replication-f2/error-when-installing-veeam-b-r-console-v10-t65075.html

I would check the permissions on powershell.exe.config in these 2 folders and check local administrators have full control.
C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0

then try and run the installer as admin.

never seen that error before and not much online about it that I could quickly find.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

By default, the Veeam Backup & Replication console is installed on the backup server automatically when you install Veeam Backup & Replication. You do not need to install the console manually.

Userlevel 1

Based on this forum post - https://forums.veeam.com/veeam-backup-replication-f2/error-when-installing-veeam-b-r-console-v10-t65075.html

I would check the permissions on powershell.exe.config in these 2 folders and check local administrators have full control.
C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0

then try and run the installer as admin.

never seen that error before and not much online about it that I could quickly find.

I found this online, all are set to full control.

My OS version is Windows 10 22H2

I have over over 1TB free space.

I know that reinstalling Windows will most likely resolve the issue, but would rather not.

Userlevel 4

powershell.exe.config file in those two folders need “Full Control” for local Administrators.
Please check the permissions directly for this file.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey @marlzleh   iso corrupted? have you checked md5 hash post download\copy?

check event viewer for error details and veeam logs

Userlevel 1

powershell.exe.config file in those two folders need “Full Control” for local Administrators.
Please check the permissions directly for this file.

This resolved the issue. Thankyou so much!

Comment