Steps to Perform Veeam ONE Upgrade to v12.1

• 13 January 2024
  • 0 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Veeam ONE is a comprehensive solution for managing virtual and data protection environments. It enables real-time monitoring, business documentation and management reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365, VMware vSphere, VMware Cloud Director and Microsoft Hyper-V.

As System and Network administrators, we deal with system-related issues every day. Personally, I prefer resolving issues over deploying new IT systems. Due to this error, Veeam could not install the “Client Certificate Mapping Authentication” feature for Microsoft IIS as a result to missing components that resulted in interruption of the Windows update. These errors metamorphosed into four issues. I have created an individual blog post for each error. I have linked all troubleshooting articles in this guide on how to upgrade Veeam ONE to v12.1.

What’s new in Veeam ONE 12.1

For a comprehensive list of the enhancements in the "Veeam ONE 12.1 - What's New", and the release note. Also, @Chris.Childerhose has an excellent post on this topic as well. You may want to take a look at this.

•  

Please download the ISO file from Veeam website. Once the ISO has been downloaded, you’ll then need to mount it.

The installer detect a previously installed version and displays the upgrade option. Click Upgrade to proceed. If Autorun is not available or disabled, run the Setup.exe file from the installation image.

Click on upgrade as shown below

Select Veeam ONE 12.1

Click Upgrade Veeam ONE

Read and accept the license agreement, and click “I Accept“.

Veeam ONE Setup wizard will automatically detect components of the previous version installed on the server.

At the Upgrade step of the wizard, review the components to upgrade and click on next.

Choose the license provisioning method

Click one of the two options to provide a license below. I will be using the option to browse the license file locally on my device.

• Sign-in with Veeam — open the Veeam account Sign-in screen to log in with your Veeam account credentials if you already have a registered license on your account.
  • Browse the licence file locally — specify the local path to the license file.

Since I also requested a trial licence, I will be using this solely for demonstration. I will have to browse the locations of my license file.

Specify service account settings. This will detect the current account used

Before proceeding with the upgrade, the installer will perform system configuration check to determine if all prerequisite software is available on the server. In my case, it failed with the error “Client Certificate Mapping Authentication for Veeam One”.

The next screen is the Database screen, which will detect the currently installed version of SQL and the database. Click Next to keep the current settings.

Note: If you are unable to connect to the SQL Server, ensure the SQL Server Service is running.

At the Port Configuration step of the wizard, specify connection settings for Veeam ONE Monitoring Service.

Perform Veeam Upgrade from v11 to v12.1 by clicking on upgrade

Veeam upgrade step 1of 4. At this step, the Veeam ONE client will be upgraded.

As you can see below, the upgrade to v12.1 is complete. 

You will have to restart the server for the configuration changes to take effect. Click Yes!

That is all that needs to be done in upgrading your Veeam ONE server. Next, acess Veeam ONE via Veeam ONE Client or Veeam ONE Web Client after restart.

0 comments

Be the first to comment!

Comment