Question

Veeam Orch & Vsphere Network Mapping Rules

Hi,

I’m wondering if anyone could help? I’m currently doing a PoC with Veeam Orchestrator. I have on-prem vsphere 7.0.3 and a Azure VM with Veeam Orch 7.0.0.337 installed. I’m trying to create a recovery location but cannot get past the network mappings. I can successfully see and add my “target network” (azure) but when I choose my source vSphere network, there are no options to select network. Vcenter is currently showing as connected in Veeam, I have used local SSO credentials as well as my domain credentials - both times status shows as connected but same outcome when selecting the source network.

Has anyone seen anything similar or has any suggestions?

Many Thanks!

4 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Have not got into VRO myself just yet but did you check the help page for VRO?

Also, there is a VRO section within the community that you may want to check out and post there for more help - VRO Heroes Den | Veeam Community Resource Hub

@Madi.Cristil @safiya -- can we move this to the VRO section. (IGNORE me as I see it was moved 😁)

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Also based on your post - is the VM with Orchestrator in your VMware environment or Azure?  I think you need it within your VMware environment if I am not mistaken.

Hi, 

I’ve checked the documentation and everything looks to be okay - However I will again check the help page in case something has been missed.

With regards to the Orchestrator VM, this is installed in Azure. This decision has been made with regards to it being a DR solution. Should I lose my VMWare environment I would then lose my Orchestrator. 

The Plan is to have VRO & VB&R in Azure - B&R will then talk to the local B&R server which will act as a proxy. Then, should the worse happen and we lose local site, the Azure VM VRO can simply restore services to Azure..

Thanks for your help and time 

Sean

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If you are worried about DR from your primary site, why not just have a Configuration Backup from your main site stored offsite and then if a disaster you can restore that to the VBR server in Azure.  You can also set up jobs that send data to Azure as well like Replication.

I believe the main issue is that VRO is not in your primary network where the VMs reside.

Comment