Skip to main content

Orchestrator 7.1 is HERE!

Last week Veeam Released an update to Veeam 12.1 and I was excited to get my hands on it to update the lab with Veeam Recovery Orchestrator 7.1! It may be a small release but it sure is mighty!

Starting off with my favorite update: A YARA rule tab in Orchestrator, which allows for YARA rule files to be managed by VRO. This is great for users that have multiple YARA Rule files and Veeam Backup servers, as orchestrator can control the rule assignments to different groups via scopes. You can also preview the YARA rules themselves which can come in handy for verification checks and versioning. 

YARA Rule Management Tab

Next up is a small feature that came by way of request from a managed service provider I was assisting during their trial period; which is the ability to skip a specific vm within a plan from execution during DataLab Tests. For this user they wanted to avoid a penalty during their test for having an application online and getting hit with duplicated licensing fees. This allows them to include their machines in the overall recovery plan but skip from Datalab tests all together for that one machine. A nice option for users to be able to toggle on and off.

Execute or Skip VM from processing during DataLab Tests

Finally, introducing NEW support for Veeam Data Cloud Vault! A NEW STaaS offering that Veeam announced in March. Alongside this news additional S3 repositories are also available including AWS, Wasabi, and on-premises S3. Now users can leverage their Cloud Recovery Plans to Azure and truly recover from multiple sources either on-premises or in the cloud (even Veeam Cloud)!

For those attending #VeeamON in-person next week make sure to stop in on my sessions with @jorge.delacruz and @tsmith Wednesday-June 5th to learn more about the newest enhancements in the Veeam Data Platform!

Great new features in this release! Thanks for sharing, @ertelle1 ! 👏🏻

Looking like a great release especially with the Yara stuff now. Really time to dive in to this product when I get back from VeeamON.

Excited to see more on the YARA rules.

Comment