VMCE Practice Question - 9 May 2024

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

2nd Question of the week. Let’s make it a bit more difficult. Hopefully you all get it correct! 🙌🏻

(p.s. Don't forget to "hide" your guess/comment 😊) 

Your Junior Backup Administrator will be on medical leave for several weeks. Because of this, when you need to do administratrive tasks within the Veeam Console, you want to be able to perform the tasks without the need to have another administrator approve them, so you temporarily disable Four-Eyes Authorization as shown below:

Four Eyes Authorization Disabled

Several days later, you delete some outdated VM backup files. After performing this task, you notice Pending Approvals on the Home menu. Why is Four-Eyes Authorization not disabled?

1. You’re not the Backup Administrator
  2. The backups you're attempting to delete are immutable
  3. Backup jobs the outdated VM backup files were in are running
  4. A second administrator did not approve disabling Four-Eyes Authorization

12 comments

Userlevel 4
Badge

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/four_eyes_authorization.html?ver=120

Userlevel 2
Badge

​​​​

D . You will need an approval from another admin to be able to disable 4-eyes. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Number 4. A second administrator must approve disabling four-eyes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
  1. A second administrator did not approve disabling Four-Eyes Authorization

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
  1. No. With the appropriate RBAC rules, this should still be possible.
  2. No. Immutable backups would generate a different error when deleting.
  3. No. Again, you would get a different error.
  4. Yes. From the docs: “ To disable four-eyes authorization, you will also need an additional approval from another backup administrator. “
    https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/four_eyes_authorization.html?ver=120

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Option number 4

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Option 4 🤔

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

To be honest I never saw this screen, but if i try to just answer this with logic, is should be 4 

A second administrator did not approve disabling Four-Eyes Authorization

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

And on to providing explanation & answer to the last question of the week. Option a. couldn’t be correct because if you weren’t the administrator already, then you would not have been able to perform the backup file removal operation to begin with; b. isn’t correct because...again...the removal task succeeded, at least to the point of needing approval, so this isn’t correct. You would get a whole other message altogether and wouldn’t even see pending approvals in the Console; option c. isn’t correct because, again, the task succeeded to take place. If running backups were the issue, you wouldn‘t even see pending approvals in the Console. So, the only remaining possible answer, which you all answered correctly, is d. a second approval is needed.

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/four_eyes_authorization.html?ver=120#enabling-four-eyes-authorization

Well done all!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

This was an easy one as we implemented Four-Eyes and then my colleague tried to turn it off so I saw the notice and declined it.  😋😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This was an easy one as we implemented Four-Eyes and then my colleague tried to turn it off so I saw the notice and declined it.  😋😂

So via Experience! One thing we always suggest to exam-takers isn’t it?...get acquainted directly with the features by lab’ing/testing :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

So via Experience! One thing we always suggest to exam-takers isn’t it?...get acquainted directly with the features by lab’ing/testing :)

You cannot beat hands on with Veeam and it is a must for VMCE especially but also VMCA too in some way.

Comment