Veeam Community Recap #124

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

El Rickatron and @Madi.Cristil are covering a solid block of content this week, plus some extra effort in the Special Department section. Watch this week’s episode below:

The Links

via @KWCork 

via @Geoff Burke 

via @Scott 

Special Department News

via ​​​​@Madi.Cristil 

via @Rick Vanover 

Veeam KB 4452 (Veeam Agent for Windows: KB4452: Support Statement regarding Microsoft CVE-2023-24932 (veeam.com)

Veeam KB 4458 (Text Banner for Veeam Backup & Replication)  KB4458: How to Configure a Custom Text Banner for the Veeam Backup & Replication Console

via @regnor with hat tip to @MicoolPaul’s blog site: VeeamON 2023 Recap – Miami – Michael Paul | 

Who’s New

We are +100 this week! A big welcome to all of the new members! The coolest usernames this week are @Dragon @peppeforzanapoli @blank @ShyFOX @jungle and @qualitysocks!

This week, Alfred’s Pick is @VeeamQueen!

10 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Really great recap this week. Congrats everyone mentioned and welcome all new members.  Really enjoyed the replay of the Hardened Repository session from VeeamON as we will be starting to use the ISO.  😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I remember now too that @AndreAtkinson also had that Longhorn issue so will be good to see @jaiganeshjk post. Mind you it has been a while since I have tried it. Great to hear about VeeamON Tour in Istanbul. Fascinating city. I was once up the tower in Beyoglu then walked back to my hotel over the bridge with everyone fishing. I had had a bunch for Raki (when you pour the water in and it goes all milky) and a few Efes cans as well, so I managed to get lost in the side streets near the Blue Mosque :). I remember buying this cd at the one of the outdoor stands and even used it to train for marathons since the rhythm is so good :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Great Recap @Madi.Cristil and @Rick Vanover . Welcome back Rick. Congrats on all the mentions! I’m still testing out the VHR. Got it initially installed; now just need to finish config within Veeam.

Welcome to new Community members...very cool username pick of the week 😂 Have a great weekend all!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks for the mention! Great recap.  Pretty neat hearing about the Veeam events from all over the world. One of the benefits of being in the community. 

Hopefully I can find a few more scripts I use and share in here with everyone. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thanks for highlighting my blog post @Madi.Cristil@Rick Vanover 😊

Here's the special sticker on full size:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Great recap!

We went to the hardened repo ubuntu iso and was very nice to re watch it!

I’m  already dreaming about next Veeam on!! It was an amazing place and also experience!!

ready for more!!

cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for highlighting my blog post @Madi.Cristil@Rick Vanover 😊

Ooh ooh - want one of those.  😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Ooh ooh - want one of those.  😁

Me too!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

This is like one of those security system alarms stickers that you put on your house to scare away the thieves. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

This is like one of those security system alarms stickers that you put on your house to scare away the thieves. 

Great idea. put it on all your servers, racks, datacenters etc!

Comment