Veeam Community Recap #106

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

This week I’m twisting the rules on breaking the rules 😁. @Madi.Cristil  and I share this week’s content with some great special department news and we are all focused on V12! Watch our recap here:

The Links

via @Geoff Burke 

via @bp4JC 

via @mkevenaar 

via @HannesK on the Veeam blog, 2 outstanding posts on the VHR (Veeam Hardened Repository):

Veeam Hardened Linux Repository Best Practices

Installing Ubuntu Linux for Veeam Hardened Repository

Special Department News

V12 is soon! The Fun Friday post from @MicoolPaul had 3 people very close to the date, congratulations to:

@regnor - 30th January 2023

@BertrandFR - 31st January 2023

@chetantikandar - 13th February 2023

Recently @Geoff Burke and @michaelcade hosted a Kubernetes Corner event: Kubernetes Korner: A reflection on 2022 and a look into the future. We will put up the recording in next week’s recap! 

Did we say V12 is coming soon? There is still time to sign up for the Launch Event! Veeam Backup & Replication v12 launch event and see the recently updated V12 News Hub:

Who’s New

We are happy to welcome +66 new members to the Veeam Community this week, with the coolest usernames going to: @DarthData @MeanAverageJoe @EskBackupGuy @Biganass and @TropicOasis!

16 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

And a warm welcome to ALL of the new members this week:
@aortiz18 @Cesar.Folador @Nicholas.Kinsey @pflynn782 @GMarras @TidusandYuna @Saderqw 
@elizaveta.lugovaia @dkordyban @xabi @profp62 @Noxxville @VGS Admin @Biganass @rodethp 
@bfry24 @rzaretzky @Eurosko @mriva72 @kjellaj @DamienSolunova @MIT PKH @ntiwari38 
@co-gruyere @ayanleh abdousalam @fpaul @sifat0 @cjgoeckner @brian96 @rex0413 @Matt Z 
@RvLimpt @Michael McIntosh @Ana Ballesteros @rmkeee @baksimcha @Ithranel @Akenaton 
@mark.lavi @Brian Nkuna @hayner @usservicesllc @Davef @Lnulman @Renato David @COTESMA 
@Francois @JSPicard @storman7 @HHCS Tech @CKone @Adeline @DanielEugster @omavel 
@Zeyad @mark_weaver_carmax @TropicOasis @EskBackupGuy@rjan @MeanAverageJoe @Oswaldkouya @Steheve @Javier Cerrato @Teknosab @Guru Prasanth @DarthData 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Nice Job guys!
It is always great to listen to your recap.

😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Great recap guys! We are getting closer to V12, i’m happy my guess was close hehe!

@HannesK great blog post series about VHR, thank you for sharing this.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Great recap guys! We are getting closer to V12, i’m happy my guess was close hehe!

happy to hear, that you liked it :-)

By the way: I silently changed the partitioning scheme yesterday because /home was too small for capacity tier offload… https://www.veeam.com/kb4283

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I have dedicated LV and FS for /home/veeamuser, /var/log/VeeamBackup, /opt/veeam, it depends on the internal practices on the subject.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

happy to hear, that you liked it :-)

By the way: I silently changed the partitioning scheme yesterday because /home was too small for capacity tier offload… https://www.veeam.com/kb4283

Gold

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Really great recap.  Congrats to all mentions and welcome new members!

Userlevel 1

I chose TropicOasis because I couldn’t think of a decent username that didn’t have my name (Adam) in it. I was holding a Tropic Oasis poker chip and thought, “What the hell.” LOL.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I made the recap!!!!

Welcome to all the new members!!!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I chose TropicOasis because I couldn’t think of a decent username that didn’t have my name (Adam) in it. I was holding a Tropic Oasis poker chip and thought, “What the hell.” LOL.

It works well, man!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Welcome to all the new members!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Love the recap, as usual @Rick Vanover and @Madi.Cristil!

My favorite of the week @mkevenaar “I want to hear your story”, I am expecting a lot of fun there 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Awesome recap. Thx!

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Rick Vanover This was interesting recap  and I am excited for V12 already. 

And excited that my guess is just a just a day shy from the GA of V12.   I was about to put 14th February itself but changed the date due to a very peculiar reason. Thanks for the mention.

Also, welcome to all new members.

Cheers,

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Cool choice! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

That’s a great story; it’s a sticky :)

Comment