Veeam Community Recap #154

V12.1 with Ansible, Honeypots and VBR for Google Cloud

• 23 February 2024
  • 8 comments
V12.1 with Ansible, Honeypots and VBR for Google Cloud
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

This week I got up early to take a call with @Madi.Cristil to do this week’s recap! Early is Early! We have a solid list of content this week, check out our episode here:

The Links

via @Chris.Arceneaux 

via @Michael Melter 

via @leduardoserrano 

Special Department News

via @Geoff Burke and @Nitish Kumar 

Be sure to join the upcoming Veeam 100 Show with @Viperian @Nico Losschaert and @WorkingHardInIT 

Unbreakable Veeam Backup Fabric: A Belgian Redefinition in two case studies | LinkedIn

I also have two KB articles to share of interest this week:

KB4493: How to Move Backup Data for a File Backup or Object Storage Backup to a Different Repository (veeam.com)

KB1801: How to Migrate Veeam ONE Deployment

Who’s New

Thank you @safiya for preparing the Who’s New this week! We are happy to welcome +75 new members and Alfred’s pick is @netw0rkn1nja! Have a great weekend everyone.

8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Wow what an amazing recap this week. Loving the Ansible goodness and those KBs were interesting and bookmarked. Congratulations to all mentioned and welcome everyone to the community.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Great Recap again. Diggin’ the Veeam polo/shirt gear Madi/Rick 😉

I really enjoyed all the content this week...congrats to all mentioned here.

Absolutely critical (imo) piece about the VeeaMover (or Copy) of data from 1 Repo to another and disabling/re-enabling your job. 

Welcome all new Community members. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Wow what an amazing recap this week. Loving the Ansible goodness and those KBs were interesting and bookmarked. Congratulations to all mentioned and welcome everyone to the community.

Yeah...the Migration one compliments your upgrade post! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Yeah...the Migration one compliments your upgrade post! 😊

Absolutely.  Never thought of that 🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi! Thanks, @Madi.Cristil  and @Rick Vanover, for the mention this week! I am so honored to be part of this Community.

I apologize for the video showing the GCP screens in Portuguese. I ended up forgetting to change the language, and I had already recorded a lot. I hope this is understandable!

@Rick Vanover, “PTB2” is the standard regarding the keyboard; Portuguese is a bit difficult language because it has a complex grammatical structure and more variations and pronunciations than English.

For example, in the Brazilian keyboard, we have an additional key, “Ç”, which means “cedilha,” and is basically a sign that indicates that the letter C has the sound of "s" for some words.

Brazil has two keyboard standards: ABNT and ABNT2 (PTB2). ABNT stands for Brazilian Association of Technical Standards. Basically, the difference is that the standard PTB2 has an additional "Alt Gr" key, and it is used to insert different symbols into the text, such as ¹,²,³,ª,º.

@Rick Vanover, I love your attention to detail and I'm a fan of you and @Madi.Cristil ! Congratulations on the webinars you are hosting and for all your support for the Veeam community, partners and customers!

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🙏

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I really like Ansible, it's an automation platform that originated in the open source community, is very flexible and has been evolving a lot. AI is already being incorporated to the platform and with the use of the “automation mesh” it is possible to automate dispersed environments and edge clouds.

@Chris.Arceneaux, congratulations on the work, the integration with VBR and EM is very important and extends the automation capacity in IT environments. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Great recap team! 🙌🏽

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Wow. That was a super recap. A lot of content. 
Congratulations to all those highlighted. 

Congrats @netw0rkn1nja  on Alfred’s pick! 

Comment