Skip to main content
Sticky Veeam Community Recap #174

Proxmox, Tape and More - Episode 174

Proxmox, Tape and More - Episode 174

El Rickatron and @Madi.Cristil are in normal circumstances with three things in common: Busy, Busy and Busy! This week’s recap has a solid block of content as well as some special department highlights. Check out this week's recap: 

The Links

via @Nico Losschaert 

via @regnor → This one is HOT!

via @Geoff Burke 

Special Department News

via @MicoolPaul, @Ian Sanderson, @Cragdoo, @MarkBoothman, @falkob and @Adrian.Lowe 

via @alrasheed and @NicBackup 

via @Madi.Cristil  and @JonahMayWhat is the Veeam Community Hackathon? | LinkedIn

KB4514 was updated with some new malware logic, I want to draw everyone’s attention to KB4514 for offline environments: KB4514: How to Manually Update Suspicious File List (veeam.com)

Who’s New

A gigathanks to @safiya for processing this week’s Who’s New.We are pleased to welcome +50 new members to the Veeam community. The coolest usernames are @phabibi and @Grand Hotel Fasano. Alfred’s pick is @Albert Fu → Everyone, watch Albert. He is one of the most innovative practitioners of Veeam in the world!

14 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Awesome Recap guys! Really enjoyed the content this past week. 

Welcome to all new Community members! Looking forward to catching up with you all here in the Community.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Thank you @Rick Vanover @Madi.Cristil @safiya for the support and mention on today’s recap! @NicBackup and I are looking forward to it. We’ll try to keep it “simple” and always remember, “Laughter is the best medicine. It cures all and doesn’t cost you a penny!” Best wishes for success for the upcoming VUG UK event and the Veeam Community Hackathon announcement! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Excellent recap this week with great content as always each week.  Welcome all new members to the community and good luck @alrasheed @NicBackup on your first VUG.  👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Great review! Congrats to @Rick Vanover, @Madi.Cristil and all mentioned members! Hot topics and great news! 🚀😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I’m looking forward to representing the #baldmafia at the UK VUG 🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Great RECAP as always! BTW, @Madi.Cristil always going above and beyond 👍 Love all the posts and the post on Proxmox especially as I have used it extensively in 2015/16. I hope to wrap up my series of blog posts on how to deploy Proxmox etc and protect it with VBR.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

😃

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Great RECAP as always! BTW, @Madi.Cristil always going above and beyond 👍 Love all the posts and the post on Proxmox especially as I have used it extensively in 2015/16. I hope to wrap up my series of blog posts on how to deploy Proxmox etc and protect it with VBR.

Much appreciate this, @Iams3le !😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

🤣🤣 that made me laugh out loud!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thx for mentioning my post @Madi.Cristil and @Rick Vanover ! Thx @Madi.Cristil for that addon about the power-consumption, I really didn’t thought about that advantage, nicely done 😍.

And @Rick Vanover, I agree, a WORM tape is also in my opinion the only solution that is offline, airgapped and immutable at the same time.

Tape is something different than disk-based solutions but once you recognize the benefits and get used to it and accept the few disadvantages, you will not forget that solution soon 😉 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Thanks for the recap. After a week full of appointments, this is such a good way to get an overview what’s going on and happens the last days. I appreciate it 🥰

A warm welcome to the new community members, best regards and have a great weekend. Markus 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks for the recap. After a week full of appointments, this is such a good way to get an overview what’s going on and happens the last days. I appreciate it 🥰

A warm welcome to the new community members, best regards and have a great weekend. Markus 

Thank you for watching, @Dynamic ! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thx for mentioning my post @Madi.Cristil and @Rick Vanover ! Thx @Madi.Cristil for that addon about the power-consumption, I really didn’t thought about that advantage, nicely done 😍.

And @Rick Vanover, I agree, a WORM tape is also in my opinion the only solution that is offline, airgapped and immutable at the same time.

Tape is something different than disk-based solutions but once you recognize the benefits and get used to it and accept the few disadvantages, you will not forget that solution soon 😉 

Great article, as always, @Nico Losschaert ! :) And you are welcome :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Nice recap, I enjoyed it a lot.
Its very usefull to me, being so busy, gives me that view of the week catching up things with comments and tons of humor.

cheers.

Comment