Veeam Community Recap #151

12.1 Hidden Features, Egress and Postgres

12.1 Hidden Features, Egress and Postgres
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

This week @Madi.Cristil and Rickatron are trying a new recording setup ➡ what do you think? You can watch our recap below:

The Links

via @coolsport00 

via @MicoolPaul 

via @Iams3le 

Special Department News

via @JBuff 

Product update for Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 KB4533: Release Information for Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 7a Cumulative Patches

Veeam 100 Show next week in Brazilian Portuguese! (46) Jornada de aprendizado sobre proteção de dados com a Veeam | V100 Show - YouTube

via @Madi.Cristil 

Who’s New

Thank you @safiya for prepping the new member list. We are happy to welcome +125 new members to the Veeam Community!

The coolest usernames are @GenuineLuke, @Mapz, @cloudsmart and @Bigggoonn! Alfred’s pick this week is @penguinpages → You have a badge coming your way. Have a great weekend everyone!

14 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Another great weekly recap.  Congrats to everyone mentioned as there is a blog of the month there too.  😉

Welcome all new members to the community.  Be sure to vote for blog of the month if you have not already.  Veeam ONE 12.1 Upgrade is a pretty cool one.  😋🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hey..thanks for the post mention @Rick Vanover and @Madi.Cristil !! Really good posts this week. I forgot about the 5000 VM limit recommendation for PSQL vs MSSQL, so thanks for highlighting that. And, I missed Michael’s...so I need to go check that out!

Agreed Chris.. the VONE 12.1 is a good post. But personally, I lean towards the v12.1 Hidden Features post myself. Hmm...wonder why?? 🤔 😉 haha Make sure to vote everyone if you haven’t!

Welcome all new Community members, and congrats to Penguinpages on being Alfred’s weekly username pick!

Hope everyone has a great, relaxing weekend!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Some feedback on the new capture tool @Rick Vanover -- love how it works and the layout.  The zoom piece missing as not a big deal but nice to see the screen much easier - mind you I watched the video on the community site not sure if any different from YouTube.

There was a part of the video that sounded choppy unless that was my side, but great overall.  👍🏼

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Some feedback on the new capture tool @Rick Vanover -- love how it works and the layout.  The zoom piece missing as not a big deal but nice to see the screen much easier - mind you I watched the video on the community site not sure if any different from YouTube.

There was a part of the video that sounded choppy unless that was my side, but great overall.  👍🏼

Thank you @Chris.Childerhose 

I don’t do New Year’s Resolutions but a loose goal is to increase the production quality of the recap. We self-capture (vs the video team who does the Tech Bites, Veeam 100 Show, etc.) - we’re getting there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I forgot to provide feedback on the video last nite...oops!

Like Chris, I watch Recaps on the Hub. I think the vid quality was a bit better, but not dramatically so. I did like the new name tags at the bottom 🙂 I don’t recall sound being choppy on my end. 

I also hope you can get the “zoom-it” tool to work. I like being able to see post/site sections you’re talking about better, instead of having to move my head closer to my computer screen 🙂 If not, still all good.

I think overall it’s a good change. Nothing wrong in trying to make a good weekly experience (Recaps) better. 🙌🏻

Thanks Rick/Madi!

BTW - Madi may have given me another topic to post about….maybe. Hmm...we’ll see 😏

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

An excellent RECAP, and many thanks to @Rick Vanover and @Madi.Cristil for the mention. To our new community members, welcome aboard!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Oh - I forgot to mention that we featured @Dongun-Shin as the only person in the world with the 2024 bragging rights badge!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

That is one awesome looking badge.  Too bad the community cannot earn it.  😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Great looking badge Rick! Well-earned it would seem, as well 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I like the new video capture.  The quality did seem better but not a ton - but I tend to view on a smaller screen so maybe that’s why.  That said, I like the name tags and the transitions between the video camera/attendee display and sharing your screen and back.  All in all, looked pretty slick.  No audio quality issues noticed on my end, but I do hope you can get Zoomit working with this as well as I do like the Zoomit capabilities that you have running.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks @dloseke  → we went back to Teams this week. I just had to use Zoomit. I couldn’t take it LOL.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Thanks @dloseke  → we went back to Teams this week. I just had to use Zoomit. I couldn’t take it LOL.

😂😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks @dloseke  → we went back to Teams this week. I just had to use Zoomit. I couldn’t take it LOL.

It is like a drug LOL 😋🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Great recap. I’m still getting some of the new 12.1 features dialed in but so far it’s been fantastic. 

Comment