Solved

Kubernetes Question of the day July 6th

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

What applications can be used to verify platform binaries before deployment?

icon

Best answer by Geoff Burke 7 July 2022, 17:14

View original

7 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

At the risk of being flamed, but you are trying to help us learn @Geoff Burke  which I appreciate…

Is kubectl -apply an acceptable answer?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Never flame every effort is good. One of the things I am doing is making these more open so that you bring up all sorts of different methods. kubectl apply will apply a manifest, i.e. a yaml file. In this instance I am talking more about what you are pulling in with that manifest, i.e. the container image.

A hint, answers to a lot of these questions might be on this hub in previous posts :) 

cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Geoff,
are you going to update the open question topics with the correct answer? In the last days I was looking for the correct answers at the next day(s), but there was none…. 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi Geoff,
are you going to update the open question topics with the correct answer? In the last days I was looking for the correct answers at the next day(s), but there was none…. 😎

yup, most likely end of the week if worse comes to worse. A struggle with time right now.. and I thought it was summer :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Geoff,

yup, most likely end of the week if worse comes to worse. A struggle with time right now.. and I thought it was summer :)

👍🏼

Thanks.

Yeah, this summer has a lot of work. Seems all customers have dumped out their projects to their service providers before vacation time. 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

What I completely missed and predicted incorrectly was migration to containers. I thought that businesses would take a long time to transition. What I completely missed was the fact that they simply setup parallel processes then like the flick of a switch boom bye vsphere/hyperV etc and hello containers. Home Depot in the US is the craziest example over 2000 locations. Don’t get me wrong I like work but as they used to tell me when I drank beer “everything in moderation”!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

One way is to leverage Trivy

Comment