CKAD done!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hey Folks,

I was able to pass the CKAD exam yesterday thereby getting the final Kubernetes Certification CKAD. It was as always with Linuxfoundation stuff challenging. I also had the misfortune of right after the buzzer went off realizing one mistake I had made, a real dumb one too 🙂. Luckily it was on a question which was not too heavily weighted. No joke I find listening to Tibetan Bowl meditation music before exams helps calm me down. Hey if it works I ain’t arguing 🙂!!! If anyone has any questions in regards to the certifications, i.e. what they are, how to study anything, please feel free to ask!

13 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Congrats @Geoff Burke great achievements there with Kubernetes. :smiley:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Congratulations @Geoff Burke Another IT topic I love, but my job currently does not cover it

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Congratulations Geoff, now you are the kubernetes admiral :sunglasses:

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Congratulations Geoff, now you are the kubernetes admiral :sunglasses:

must have been those sailing courses I took in my teenage years.. wow back then there was no Kubernetes, there was no internet, there were no cell phones!!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Congrats @Geoff Burke

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Congrats @Geoff Burke  :nerd::nerd::nerd:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey Folks,

I was able to pass the CKAD exam yesterday thereby getting the final Kubernetes Certification CKAD. It was as always with Linuxfoundation stuff challenging. I also had the misfortune of right after the buzzer went off realizing one mistake I had made, a real dumb one too 🙂. Luckily it was on a question which was not too heavily weighted. No joke I find listening to Tibetan Bowl meditation music before exams helps calm me down. Hey if it works I ain’t arguing 🙂!!! If anyone has any questions in regards to the certifications, i.e. what they are, how to study anything, please feel free to ask!

Congratulations, wells done @Geoff Burke !

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Congratulations Geoff!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Congrats @Geoff Burke! You are a certification machine :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Congrats @Geoff Burke! You are a certification machine :)

The one thing that has been positive about lockdowns, it cut out my clubbing, disco, wild night life so I had to study…. wait a minute… that would have been 20 years ago. I think that I have been very lucky to be honest. These exams are all very challenging and sometimes you just get on a streak.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Congrats! @Geoff Burke :thumbsup:

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Congrats!   You have now been targeted as a primary K8’s resource!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Thanks, by the way there is an opinion out there that the CKAD is the easiest of the 3. Maybe before they changed the CKA to 2 hours from 3 and introduced the CKS that was true but I found it just as tough as the others when I did it in December. Again a lot depends on if you have production experience etc but right now a large majority of folks are doing this from the beginning with only theory (text book) knowledge so I am looking at it from that point of view. On the bright side there are so many free resources out there it is not hard to get “experience quick”. Not like back in the day trying to go for Cisco stuff and searching for emulators :). I knew one guy who practiced on production and nuked something, he did pass his CCNA but lost his job :). 

Comment