#90DaysOfDevOps

• 19 January 2022
  • 9 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey Everyone, I have been quiet so far this year. I have been busy!!!

Building on my learning journey from last year I wanted to go back and document this and also fill in some gaps. I started a little project called #90DaysOfDevOps it started on the 1st Jan 2022 and will run to 31st March 2022. Always a good straight forward 90 days to get the year off to a bang.

You can find the GitHub repository here - https://github.com/MichaelCade/90DaysOfDevOps

This is where I am documenting my days and also listing a lot of resources that will really help everyone get a better understanding of DevOps and all the tools and processes that come with that.

A big caveat is that after 90 Days it’s probably not going to give you the complete knowledge of all areas but it’s about getting a foundational knowledge across a lot of areas.

Some of you have been commenting, sharing, providing feedback etc. This is great and the project is already over 1,000 stars on GitHub which highlights the timing and importance of a resource like this.

So far we are up to Day 20 and we have covered:

• DevOps: The Big Picture
  • Learning a Programming Language
  • Linux & DevOps

This resource is going to grow as we get to the finish line but then it does not end there, I have lots of ideas where this could go and additional content and further ideas.

My ask, is take a look if you haven’t and provide some feedback or just fork a copy for yourself to go through the challenge (A lot of people are waiting till I finish it seems (no pressure))

We start tomorrow going into Networking and we have 7 days or 7 hours worth of Networking knowledge to document and share.

#90DaysOfDevOps

9 comments

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Amazing, Thanks Michael 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I was Reading Learning DevOps By Mikael Krief which cover a lot of the topics that you are going through and it is also a good reference. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Keep me honest on there Aly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

There’s a lot of people who are doing this challenge, keep going!

Never stop improve ourselves!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Day 2.   Remember the full quote though….“A jack of all trades is a master of none, but oftentimes better than a master of one.” 

Thank you for the content, I’m much more likely to complete this 90 day journey than one aimed at dieting or fitness.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I can see the finish line just a few more posts, the final topic for me to cover is data management and in particular storing and protecting your data! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I completed it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey Everyone, Just to let you know that the 2023 edition has started and we are 10 days in with a focus on DevSecOps.

A hot topic at the moment is security as we all know so I wanted to go back and cover those areas. Instead of me doing that though I got some friends to help! 

Each topic for these 90 days will be covered by subject matter experts in the community for each topic. 

https://github.com/MichaelCade/90DaysOfDevOps and then navigate to 2023, obviously the 2022 edition is still there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hey Everyone, Just to let you know that the 2023 edition has started and we are 10 days in with a focus on DevSecOps.

A hot topic at the moment is security as we all know so I wanted to go back and cover those areas. Instead of me doing that though I got some friends to help! 

Each topic for these 90 days will be covered by subject matter experts in the community for each topic. 

https://github.com/MichaelCade/90DaysOfDevOps and then navigate to 2023, obviously the 2022 edition is still there.

Very on topic as my CKS runs out in November. Pretty annoying that it is only a 2 year certification but security so I guess it has to move with the times. 

Comment