1 CMD in 6 Mins to Build and Protect GKE Cluster Fully Automated

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I originally put together the scripts to simplify my lab's creation and deletion automatically. With the automation, I just need to run one command to build the labs in 6 minutes. After the demo, I can remove the labs with another command to destroy everything in about 7 minutes. Now, I make it OpenSource which can be publicly accessed from #github

README .md -> https://lnkd.in/g7bGVdJ5

#deploy.sh 6 mins, 1 cmd to build the labs
✅ Create a GKE Cluster from CLI
✅ Install Kasten K10
✅ Deploy a Postgres database
✅ Create a GCS location profile
✅ Create a backup policy for Postgres
✅ Run an on-demand backup job

#destroy.sh 7 mins, 1 cmd to destroy the labs
❌ Remove GKE Kubernetes Cluster
❌ Remove all the relevant disks
❌ Remove all the relevant snapshots
❌ Remove all the objects from the bucket

GitHub - yongkanghe/gke-k10: Build a ready-to-use Kasten demo environment on GKE cluster in 6 minutes with just one command (GKE+Postgresql+K10).

11 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

First, I thought that is a phishing website and I definitely wasn’t ready to click on the link :joy:

I recommend to add some description in the text, so people know, what they are opening. :)

Looks like, that this is your github site with the script (had to use google, because I don’t want to click on links which are strange and have no description). Looks like a really good guide. Thanks for posting :)

GitHub - yongkanghe/gke-k10: Build a ready-to-use Kasten demo environment on GKE cluster in 6 minutes with just one command (GKE+Postgresql+K10).

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks for the suggestions @Mildur ! It seems I can’t adjust the original link with the GitHub page. Thanks for sharing my GitHub page link. https://github.com/yongkanghe/gke-k10 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

First, I thought that is a phishing website and I definitely wasn’t ready to click on the link :joy:

I recommend to add some description in the text, so people know, what they are opening. :)

Looks like, that this is your github site with the script (had to use google, because I don’t want to click on links which are strange and have no description). Looks like a really good guide. Thanks for posting :)

Valid point raised, Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for the suggestions @Mildur ! It seems I can’t adjust the original link with the GitHub page. Thanks for sharing my GitHub page link. https://github.com/yongkanghe/gke-k10 

Use a URL shorter then :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Thanks for the suggestions @Mildur ! It seems I can’t adjust the original link with the GitHub page. Thanks for sharing my GitHub page link. https://github.com/yongkanghe/gke-k10 

Yes, you can edit your posts one hour after posting only.

But @Kseniya  will do the update for you, I guess :sunglasses:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks for heads up, @JMeixner:blush:

Hi and welcome @Yongkang.

As per housekeeping rules, we do not just post a sentence with a hyperlink. Such posts will be hidden in the future. Most community members prefer to stay here and have discussions; apart from that, community members may think it’s a phishing site as noticed by @Mildur and do not engage with the post.

Please, make sure to add context next time. I can also update this post for you if you provide me with the info. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for sharing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks for heads up, @JMeixner:blush:

Hi and welcome @Yongkang.

As per housekeeping rules, we do not just post a sentence with a hyperlink. Such posts will be hidden in the future. Most community members prefer to stay here and have discussions; apart from that, community members may think it’s a phishing site as noticed by @Mildur and do not engage with the post.

Please, make sure to add context next time. I can also update this post for you if you provide me with the info. 

Ok, noted. Here you go if you can update it. 

I originally put together the scripts to simplify my lab's creation and deletion automatically. With the automation, I just need to run one command to build the labs in 6 minutes. After the demo, I can remove the labs with another command to destroy everything in about 7 minutes. Now, I make it OpenSource which can be publicly accessed from #github

README .md -> https://lnkd.in/g7bGVdJ5

#deploy.sh 6 mins, 1 cmd to build the labs
✅ Create a GKE Cluster from CLI
✅ Install Kasten K10
✅ Deploy a Postgres database
✅ Create a GCS location profile
✅ Create a backup policy for Postgres
✅ Run an on-demand backup job

#destroy.sh 7 mins, 1 cmd to destroy the labs
❌ Remove GKE Kubernetes Cluster
❌ Remove all the relevant disks
❌ Remove all the relevant snapshots