Solved

XFS Issue - Anyone come across this with XFS?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

We recently ran in to an issue as noted here in the forums - Ubuntu Hardened Repository - Path is not XFS - Veeam R&D Forums

Has anyone seen this and come across a fix?  We are working with support on it but wanted to ask the community.  The server has been working fine and the path is definitely XFS as we validated everything.

Error -

icon

Best answer by HangTen416 28 April 2022, 21:46

View original

12 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Seems that Veeam cannot see the filesystem at all. The capacity and free space are shown as unknown, too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Yes I know that but on the previous screen you can see the directory and sizing so it is there. 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I remember this from somewhere, but I'm not sure what the cause has been...Could it be that xfsinfo isn't installed on the system?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I remember this from somewhere, but I'm not sure what the cause has been...Could it be that xfsinfo isn't installed on the system?

Unsure but we are working with Support on the issue so will post back with the answer once we get one or workaround. 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

For this case, it’s because the repository is looking for /backup but it’s not mounted. (However /backups is). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for finding that out Hin and fixing our backups.  👍🏼

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

For this case, it’s because the repository is looking for /backup but it’s not mounted. (However /backups is). 

Classic 😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Classic 😅

😂😂😂 so I was right, Veeam does not see the filesystem at all. But did not see the wrong mountpoint...

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Interesting you get a file system message instead of a message commenting the path doesn’t exist!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Interesting you get a file system message instead of a message commenting the path doesn’t exist!

Yeah that is what we found odd.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It sounds like the path /backup did exist, only the storage wasn't mounted to this mountpoint? So /backup indeed didn't use XFS but the filesystem from the OS root folder.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

remember to set auto mount from crontab of repo is RDM LUN, if not at the next reboot the repo will not be mounted :P
In the procedure of deploy & configuration of a hardened repository you only give permissions to the directory mount point to a specific user for the mount of the XFS bck repo that does not have root privileges or sudoers.

Comment