Solved

which type 0365 accounts credaicials need to take backup of 0365 all backup type like teams,onedrive

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

which type 0365 accounts credaicials need to take backup of 0365  all backup type like teams,onedrive

icon

Best answer by MicoolPaul 24 March 2022, 08:41

View original

19 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi,

it’s recommended to use modern auth but you can use modern or basic auth. Basic auth requires a teams license to back it up.

Modern auth doesn’t quite support everything that basic auth does, the list of restrictions is here: https://www.veeam.com/kb3146

Basic auth is being retired by Microsoft this year so unless you really need a basic auth based feature, use modern auth.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @MicoolPaul 

please confirm can we use 0365 globle admin with read only premission to take backup for whole 0365 backup.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

False, you don’t need Global admin, read this:

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/vbo365/guide/permissions_veeam_backup_account.html?ver=60
🙂

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @MicoolPaul 

i have add the permission on user as mention the documentation but still facing problem.

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/vbo365/guide/ad_app_permissions_legacy.html?ver=60

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

What’s the error? Will help point out where it’s going

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

permission on azure portal-

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

That top error looks like your auth settings are wrong.

Did you choose Modern Auth or Modern auth with legacy auth?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

its second one-

Modern auth with legacy auth

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

That second options requires a client application to already exist, did you create one manually? If not run through the modern auth only option and let it create your application, then swap to modern + legacy.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

i already create one app permission and give the all required rights as per documentations 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Your application certificate or credentials look wrong based on the error in the screenshot, now you’ve given me all that detail I suggest checking your application ID & secret are correct

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

ok--

Veeam app
Application (client) ID: APPIDXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX 

secret-SECRETXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Gopal Singh I wouldn’t recommend publishing that information, @Kseniya could help redacting this information hopefully.

But I mean you need to review if that information is correct as it’s specific to YOUR environment. The error you got AADSTS7000215 means invalid secret provided. So either your secret is incorrect or your Application ID is wrong.

If these are correct you may have some form of policy on your Azure AD preventing authentication and you’d have to explore those logs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @MicoolPaul  - which information you would like me to redact? please, advise - I am happy to help 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I think @Gopal Singh ‘s application id and secret in the topic above 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

ok--

Veeam app
Application (client) ID
:
APPIDXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX

secret-SECRETXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX

@Kseniya could we modify to the above please. Gets the idea across without accidental data leakage. 😊 Thank you as always!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Kseniyacould we modify to the above please. Gets the idea across without accidental data leakage. 😊 Thank you as always!

Ah, I missed this somehow! Modified 🙃

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

thanks all for your support.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

one more qus while restoring my mail contacts

Comment