What topics would you want covered in a third edition of my book?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

As many of you know I have written two books on Veeam and they have done well. Since going to VeeamON this year I am actually excited to write a third edition now. So based on what you have tested with the Beta what would you like to see covered?

I am waiting for the what's new document so I can plan things out but if there a few topics of interest I will try to incorporate them. 😁

14 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I’m afraid I don’t have an answer for you as I haven’t played with the beta yet.  How would one go about getting into the Beta program?  The best I usually do is getting the RTM a few weeks in advance of GA, but I’d love to be included in the beta if possible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The Legends and Vanguards have access to the Beta. I don't know if others can get access, too. @Rick Vanover can answer this for sure. 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Ah well….I’m gunning for Legend anyway.  I don’t really have another outlet that I’m really evangelizing on right now for Vanguard.  I’ll wait for Rick’s response though. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I think the copying and moving of single VM backups between jobs is an interesting topic for your book.

And the copying and moving from backups between repositories without loosing the block-cloning savings.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

And the copying and moving from backups between repositories without loosing the block-cloning savings.

Was just going to mention this - VeeaMover.  Object-first is a pretty great topic in my book.  Also, MFA.  Perhaps the use of Postgres vs SQL/SQL Express and migrating? 

I have to apologize as I haven’t read your book so I don’t know how in depth you go, but those are a few of the topics I found rather interesting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Was just going to mention this - VeeaMover.  Object-first is a pretty great topic in my book.  Also, MFA.  Perhaps the use of Postgres vs SQL/SQL Express and migrating? 

I have to apologize as I haven’t read your book so I don’t know how in depth you go, but those are a few of the topics I found rather interesting.

So you have heard a lot of the new features already 😃😃😃

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Oh yes…..watched VeeamON pretty religiously as well as several followup video’s.  Have about three pages of notes written which is what I referenced for above.  Just haven’t had my hands on things yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I actually think some “Don’t Do This” or worst practices are a good addition. 

Maybe I can guest write that chapter @Chris.Childerhose 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Maybe I can guest write that chapter @Chris.Childerhose 

Absolutely @Rick Vanover I would gladly have a chapter like this in the book.  So when the time comes I will reach out and we can chat.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Maybe I can guest write that chapter @Chris.Childerhose 

Seconded! And more on Security aspect of securing Veeam 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@dloseke speak to your Veeam account manager to see if it’s possible to get beta access 🙂 sometimes you can get early access via this route, not guaranteed of course. Second Veeam Legend intake is end of the summer IIRC so 🤞 for that if not!

As for on-topic: @Chris.Childerhose, aside from v12 features. I’d suggest Cloud Connect could be a good addition, since you work for a large service provider I’m sure you’d have useful insights into that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Chris.Childerhose Great to hear this news. I suggest you put more information about Veeam integration topic. In the 2nd edition of my new book, half of chapters are included this topic.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@dloseke speak to your Veeam account manager to see if it’s possible to get beta access 🙂 sometimes you can get early access via this route, not guaranteed of course. Second Veeam Legend intake is end of the summer IIRC so 🤞 for that if not!

As for on-topic: @Chris.Childerhose, aside from v12 features. I’d suggest Cloud Connect could be a good addition, since you work for a large service provider I’m sure you’d have useful insights into that.

Yeah VCC was going to be a topic this time since I work at an MSP and can add value there for sure.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Chris.ChilderhoseGreat to hear this news. I suggest you put more information about Veeam integration topic. In the 2nd edition of my new book, half of chapters are included this topic.

Integration how?  In to things like vCloud or now the integration with SQL?

Comment