VMCE Study group?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi Folks,

I was wondering if people would be interested in creating a VMCE study group. I will be honest this time around I am a bit terrified of this exam. For one thing the last number of years my study focus has been on something else (I wonder what that is), I am naturally not great at these things just work double in order to try and be included in with the real smart folks 😃, plus the amount of changes in V12 will prevent me from winging it on previously acquired knowledge in older VMCEs and work experience.

Obviously this would not be a “dump” zone or “point you to the answer from the test” cheating location, but instead a group creating questions, helping to understand fuzzy issues and most importantly giving support to people like me who have been petrified of exams/tests ever since kindergarten🤣. 

I led a CKA group study over on Kodekloud for a few Months and it was a lot of fun. We had bi-weekly calls (could have been Monthly to be honest) and some of the study techniques I learned from people were things I would have never guessed. One fellow from India gave us really interesting insights on our breathing techniques during tests that I was pretty impressed by. If you hit  a few tough questions in a row your breathing can speed up which in turn adds to your anxiety which triggers fight or flight… the results are often making simple mistakes due to lack of calm concentration. 

At the end of the day we are all human, some of us are naturally better at math, some at poetry BUT we all have the ability with the right guidance and training to become wizards in any area we choose.

Maybe even @safiya could create a VMCE Study group badge 😍. 

I hope I am not rocking the VCME boat here too much :) . Maybe we can have a silent vote.

Would you be interested in joining a VMCE Study group?

63 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hey everyone, we will have an update about this in January. It is the end of the year and I know there are a lot of organisational things that need to be done but things are looking good. Again this group would be for folks who are planning to take the VMCE and those who have already passed. The passed folks won’t be here to give answers🤣 but to help guide with study. Also I always think of certifications as big milestones but not the end of the knowledge journey so by participating we keep getting stronger even after we are certified.

To be honest is January/February next year better than in December this year 😎
Much end-of-year business at the moment….

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

This is a great idea. I hope the timeframe works for me. Between hiring 2 more guys, training them, and the insane workload lately I don’t have much extra time. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Yes sign me up ! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Though a handful of us have already passed, I’m still up for helping others with this where I can. Congrats to those in here who passed already! 🎉🎉😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Though a handful of us have already passed, I’m still up for helping others with this where I can. Congrats to those in here who passed already! 🎉🎉😊

Same here.  I passed mine on December 9th but willing to help others study to pass. 😁

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi, any news on this topic? Very interested here. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi, any news on this topic? Very interested here. Thank you.

in the works @messher :) Geoff will share more soon

Hi Team,

Complements of the new session, please keep us updated regarding the study group.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Very interested in joining the VMCE Study group

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Let me know if you start with this @Geoff Burke , have to study again this year to get the new VMCE

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hopefully we can add VMCA in here too. Need to take that soon for v12.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Let me know if you start with this @Geoff Burke , have to study again this year to get the new VMCE

It is coming very soon! I think we can call it VMCE but see no reason why we can’t have VMCA questions, study info etc. 

Anyways, again we have a go just that they are finalizing some details. Expect news very soon :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Nice to hear!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

By the way if anyone wants to co-lead the group please tell @Madi.Cristil or @safiya 

There is still time to get involved before the next price increase :) :) .. joking.. it seems everywhere I go I get a warning about “still time until next price increase” so I am just adding it to all of my stuff as to not feel left out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Already reached out 😊 I’m in!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I will reach out as well to get in on this to help lead things.  😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thank you for your interest, guys! For now we only need two leaders for this group - Geoff (his initiative ) and Shane reached out first.

If there are more available seats , we will let you know :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I was impatient and took the VMCE v12 exam today and passed it.

I am still glad to join this group to help others with VMCE v12 and learn something new about VMCA v12.

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I was impatient and took the VMCE v12 exam today and passed it.

I am still glad to join this group to help others with VMCE v12 and learn something new about VMCA v12.

Congrats Cary!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

good idea

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I am thinking that it might be fair to have a rotating group leadership. I can do the first 3 Months, then Shane then Chris. I actually got a lot of requests yesterday and felt kind of bad. After all VMCE affects everyone. What do you think @Madi.Cristil @safiya ? Could be 3 Months could be less. That way everyone gets a chance to be a VMCE leader. Just an idea.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I am thinking that it might be fair to have a rotating group leadership. I can do the first 3 Months, then Shane then Chris. I actually got a lot of requests yesterday and felt kind of bad. After all VMCE affects everyone. What do you think @Madi.Cristil @safiya ? Could be 3 Months could be less. That way everyone gets a chance to be a VMCE leader. Just an idea.

Don't feel bad about it I was just slightly late asking.  I will still contribute in other ways and if they need an extra person my name is already there.  😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

yeah that rotation might be a bit too hard at the end of the day. Let’s see what we can do. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Are there any news about this study group?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Are there any news about this study group?

We are working on it, hang in there 😎

Comment