Solved

VMCE 2021/VMCA 2022 Expiration

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi,

Possibly a question for @Federica or @haslund.

As the VMCE & VMCA are yet to have their new exam & certification released, willl there be an extension to the expiry of the current VMCE & VMCAs?

For example:

I sat my VMCE 2021 in June 2021, my VMCE states it expires the 9th June 2023. Likewise I sat my VMCA in September 2021, and my VMCA states it expires the 1st September 2023.

I’m conscious that this looks like it’s just an automation, but as we’re a VASP, and our ProPartner portal is showing this imminent expiry, that it could reflect badly on my organisation if my certifications have ‘expired’ even if there isn’t a replacement certification available.

A second question on this, after the 2023 grade exams are available, how long will we have to upgrade before the certifications are counted as ‘expired’ within ProPartner?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Federica 19 May 2023, 11:26

View original

29 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hey @MicoolPaul  ! I cannot disclose your company details in public, so I will reach you by DM. :)

What for sure I can say is any company WILL not be demoted for VMCA or VMCE, if they kept the right certification up till now. 

Oh. BTW both VMCE and VMCA exams for v12 are now available and can be taken! 

Nice to hear the VMCA 12 is out now. Taking the VMCE on Dec 2nd so will look at this too.  Might as well renew both while it is fresh. 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hola @MicoolPaul , @coolsport00 is right certifications do not expire. If someone does not upgrade the certification to the latest version (now 11), they risk being unable to upgrade when a new version arrives. So having the last version is always the best idea.

And yes, we require ProPartner to be on the latest possible version to remain compliant (and we give 24 months to do so).

Some partner may have an alert on their profile, as the 24 months deadline is approaching, however the v12 training is not available at the moment, so partners will have an extension on those 24 months, and their status will not be affected. This will happen ONLY  for those partners who have the last version (v11 for VMCE or v22 for VMCA) and only for this special situation during these months while we prepare super nice and cool trainings I am sure you will enjoy a lot ;)

Stay tuned! 

Just another note here. I put in a support ticket to transfer all of Veeam Geoffness :) from my last company email to this one. That was done but.. not the Veeam certifications it seems. @Federica does this need to be done separately? Any help would be appreciated. Right now the new Geoff is a newbie 😓according to the records. While I would have no objection if they could put back in time that way say about 10 years age wise 😀, I am heading for instant depression if it is the case previous certifications wise.

Any help would be much appreciated!

thanks 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@Geoff Burke certification is yours forever, no matter if you change company / email.

Which is the new email? I will ask team to reach you.

You can write me through DM if you prefer

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Will do!

Thanks!! phew.. although I did not get any younger :( :) 

cheers

Comment