Solved

VMCE 2021/VMCA 2022 Expiration

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi,

Possibly a question for @Federica or @haslund.

As the VMCE & VMCA are yet to have their new exam & certification released, willl there be an extension to the expiry of the current VMCE & VMCAs?

For example:

I sat my VMCE 2021 in June 2021, my VMCE states it expires the 9th June 2023. Likewise I sat my VMCA in September 2021, and my VMCA states it expires the 1st September 2023.

I’m conscious that this looks like it’s just an automation, but as we’re a VASP, and our ProPartner portal is showing this imminent expiry, that it could reflect badly on my organisation if my certifications have ‘expired’ even if there isn’t a replacement certification available.

A second question on this, after the 2023 grade exams are available, how long will we have to upgrade before the certifications are counted as ‘expired’ within ProPartner?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Federica 19 May 2023, 11:26

View original

29 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

So, your certification shows expiry on your ProPartner Portal @MicoolPaul ?? I don’t have an expiry on my Veeam account or badge. According to the FAQs, certs don’t expire, but it does state ProPartners “may be required to update their certifications to remain compliant in the Veeam ProPartner program.”

I’m sure only @haslund or @Federica can answer your question. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I’d actually like to know as well so I can get both of mine updated as well. I should begin studying now because of all the changes with v12. I’m nervous about passing this one 😬

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

It sure does! And that’s why, although common sense dictates that if there’s no upgrade my certification won’t really have expired. There’s clearly an expiry date in the system that could trigger non-compliance workflows etc that I’m hoping to highlight in advance and avoid! 👇

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I’d actually like to know as well so I can get both of mine updated as well. I should begin studying now because of all the changes with v12. I’m nervous about passing this one 😬

This is it, I did the VMCA v1 training, and I did the VMCE 9.5 training. This time around I’d like to take the time to sit the training course again, and then re-certify.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yeah...I think those expiry dates are for sure relevant for you being a ProPartner.

I was fortunate enough to be offered the new VMCA training when it came out in 2021, and sat the new v10 VMCE training as a pilot in early 2020. I don’t think the VMCE training provides a whole bunch benefit to pass the exam, but I do like all the practicals/labs offered. Allows me to play around with various features. The VMCA training on the other hand I feel is very well done and very much so helps prepare for the exam. I really enjoyed that course, although I wish it was an in-person venue (they have/had them, but the option wasn’t offered to us at the time).

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I see similar expiry dates in our ProPartner portal for my VMCE/VMCA as well Michael.  Hopefully someone chimes in here about this as I am interested to see the answer.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hola @MicoolPaul , @coolsport00 is right certifications do not expire. If someone does not upgrade the certification to the latest version (now 11), they risk being unable to upgrade when a new version arrives. So having the last version is always the best idea.

And yes, we require ProPartner to be on the latest possible version to remain compliant (and we give 24 months to do so).

Some partner may have an alert on their profile, as the 24 months deadline is approaching, however the v12 training is not available at the moment, so partners will have an extension on those 24 months, and their status will not be affected. This will happen ONLY  for those partners who have the last version (v11 for VMCE or v22 for VMCA) and only for this special situation during these months while we prepare super nice and cool trainings I am sure you will enjoy a lot ;)

Stay tuned! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thank you @Federica 🙂 that last part is exactly what I was looking for, myself and other colleagues took the v11 certifications early in their lifecycle and are seeing expiry dates upcoming because of the 24 months expiration you mentioned. Do you have any details of how far the expiration will be extended to? So we can start to plan training?

Looking forward to the new content!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hola @MicoolPaul  right now I do not have detail on the extension. But it will be reasonable enough for the partners who have always been compliant. :)

If you are v11 certified have nothing to be worry. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

So, your certification shows expiry on your ProPartner Portal @MicoolPaul ?? I don’t have an expiry on my Veeam account or badge. According to the FAQs, certs don’t expire, but it does state ProPartners “may be required to update their certifications to remain compliant in the Veeam ProPartner program.”

I’m sure only @haslund or @Federica can answer your question. 

Yes, I was about saying this. But glad @Federica gave a comprehensive response...

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Always available for the Community :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Federica, unfortunately it hasn’t gone as smoothly as we discussed, my VMCE is no longer counting towards our ProPartner active certifications, and this impacts my organisation’s VASP page too, as it’s removed by VMCE from the count of Veeam Certified Engineers. Any chance you can ask the appropriate teams to extend please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Federica  I have the same problem and have a case open. At first they told me I had to renew which would be slightly challenging as it would mean that I would have to write the exam myself and the take it. This seems somewhat unethical 🤣.

Can this somehow be addressed? It is starting to seem like the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.

cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Mind you if the price $$$ is right I could write the exam and… make it all Kasten based 😎😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hmm making me wonder now and I will be checking our ProPartner portal as well. Will report back.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Checked ProPartner and based on when I got my VMCE for v11 which was December 18, 2021, my VMCE in ProPartner expires December 18, 2023.

Let’s hope the v12 exam comes out so we can upgrade before the end of the year.  😋

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @MicoolPaul and @Geoff Burke your certification never expires, you are fully certified, in the latest version right now. So your individual certification is not at risk.  

You have more people certified than requested, so there is not risk. In case you would have contributed to your company level with your certification, as said before, partners would have had an extension on those 24 months, and their status would have not be affected. 

Is this a promise you will take the exam as soon as it is available? ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Federica appreciate that 🙂 it’s more a question of how it reflects my company’s external presentation on the VASP page for example as it’s one less engineer being counted as certified.

I took the VMCE/VMCA very quickly for the last one so I might do that again, though I’m eager to sit a training course for them both again as I last sat the training in the v9.5 era!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

yup site is still showing that we have no VMCEs.  This is really disappointing. I have to spent my time trying to chase this up. It makes my company look bad, it makes me look bad too. Worse though is that it is hurting the perception of my Vanguard and Legend efforts. The company is going to say “this only benefits you”.. “look you can’t even get this VMCE issue figured out”. 

I have written again for a follow up on the ticket and received no response. So I still don’t understand, does this mean the company page will show 0 VMCEs until the new exam comes out? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

@Federica How do I solve this issue? Veeam support are giving me the run around (asking me if my inquiry had been answered.. what inquiry?)  and the status is not being changed. This is extremely frustrating and absolutely not fair. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I got  a reply from our Sales rep that they have asked for an extension. I find it very much Kafkaesque to have to ask for an extension for something that right now is impossible to extent in view of the absence of the extendable feature. We will see. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Federica I’m sorry to trouble you again with this topic, do you have any details on the extensions in place for the VMCE 2021 and VMCA 2022? We’re getting pressure that we’re not meeting the necessary criteria for the Propartner program but the exam hasn’t been available for long at all, and there isn’t a VMCA 2022 replacement yet either.

This says my organisation has one VMCE, but that’s not true at all, we’ve got 3x VMCE & 3x VMCA but due to the delays in the VMCE training becoming available, our certifications have lapsed according to the Veeam portals, it’s making us look unskilled.

Find a partner (veeam.com)

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hey @MicoolPaul  ! I cannot disclose your company details in public, so I will reach you by DM. :)

What for sure I can say is any company WILL not be demoted for VMCA or VMCE, if they kept the right certification up till now. 

Oh. BTW both VMCE and VMCA exams for v12 are now available and can be taken! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Woah when did the VMCA v12 release???

Thank you :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@MicoolPaul  the EXAM yes

Comment