Solved

veeamone ressources

• 28 November 2023
  • 5 comments

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello,

I would like to use veeamone with more than just install it and connect backup and virtualisation infrastructure.

Do you have some good ressources to link or share the use case you have on your customer or internally ?

I already find some good report and solve the alert the product give by default but I think this product could be more usefull with more knowledge.

I don t find a lot of ressource with google about it and the main feature I could implement

Thanks for your help :)

icon

Best answer by kirststoner12 28 November 2023, 20:10

View original

5 comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @damien commenge -

There are couple things you can get started configuring. If I was first getting started with Veeam ONE, I would probably start with managing alarms, setting up appropriate notifications and automatic remediation where needed: 

This video is a little dated, but the material is correct.

The Dashboards can be very useful as well, Heatmaps is a good visual on performance of backup repositories and backup proxy usage. 

I guess these are just a few things, but is there something more specific you want to get started with? Maybe using RestAPIs or reportbuilder, etc? Let me know and I can point you in the right direction.

I did a vbrownbag talk a couple weeks back, and this may be a good starter to see what’s possible with Veeam ONE. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

There is always the help documentation for it as well - About Veeam ONE - Veeam ONE Deployment Guide

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @damien commenge -

There are couple things you can get started configuring. If I was first getting started with Veeam ONE, I would probably start with managing alarms, setting up appropriate notifications and automatic remediation where needed: 

This video is a little dated, but the material is correct.

The Dashboards can be very useful as well, Heatmaps is a good visual on performance of backup repositories and backup proxy usage. 

I guess these are just a few things, but is there something more specific you want to get started with? Maybe using RestAPIs or reportbuilder, etc? Let me know and I can point you in the right direction.

I did a vbrownbag talk a couple weeks back, and this may be a good starter to see what’s possible with Veeam ONE. 

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

Yes sorry I forget to mentioned the only one I found were a little old. I’m going to watch both you linked me.

Unfortunately, I don’t have really “usecase”. I work for service provider and we often sell VeeamOne to our customer but we just install it and 0 customisation is performed. I would like to give them more configuration but for this, I would like to know what is often implemented in other customer because today some customer just said me : Sorry but I already have a monitoring tools like nagios or other….

I don’t have lot’s more to say than with VeeamOne you can also do :

-Alarm when ransomware activity is suspected

-Automatically tag ressource

-Create logical view based on business view to know more about business unit hardware ressource consumption 

Then… I don’t really know. I don’t know if you understand what I mean ? It’s hard to perform deeper installation on a product when you don’t know really what are the common usecase.

@Chris.Childerhose

Thanks for the link. Fortunately, I started about it but here, there is not “common usecase”.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Thanks for clarifying @damien commenge -

I’ve seen many service providers using Veeam ONE for the reports and dashboards it contains. These provide insights into workloads protected (VMs, Cloud Instances, physical servers, Microsoft 365 objects), SLA requirements and can help ensure compliance. Here is a great blog that discusses the top reports for service providers: https://www.veeam.com/blog/must-have-reports-for-iaas-service-providers.html

You can also use the APIs to query information about the virtual infrastructure (VMs, host, storage), and Veeam infrastructure ( VBR, Cloud policies, licensing and protected data).

Yes, many organizations have a monitoring solution already, however Veeam ONE is going to be the only tool that will monitor the Veeam Backup environment, and identify any issues that would effect backup jobs and its performance. 

12.1 will bring even more dashboards to help identify security threats and cyber-attacks. You can even integrate alarms with Service NOW and Syslog SIEM systems. 12.1 will be coming soon.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Thanks for clarifying @damien commenge -

I’ve seen many service providers using Veeam ONE for the reports and dashboards it contains. These provide insights into workloads protected (VMs, Cloud Instances, physical servers, Microsoft 365 objects), SLA requirements and can help ensure compliance. Here is a great blog that discusses the top reports for service providers: https://www.veeam.com/blog/must-have-reports-for-iaas-service-providers.html

You can also use the APIs to query information about the virtual infrastructure (VMs, host, storage), and Veeam infrastructure ( VBR, Cloud policies, licensing and protected data).

Yes, many organizations have a monitoring solution already, however Veeam ONE is going to be the only tool that will monitor the Veeam Backup environment, and identify any issues that would effect backup jobs and its performance. 

12.1 will bring even more dashboards to help identify security threats and cyber-attacks. You can even integrate alarms with Service NOW and Syslog SIEM systems. 12.1 will be coming soon.

Thanks for your answer :)

I have now some ressources to work for :)

Comment