VeeamON 2023 - What I Wish You Knew About SureBackup - Post Event Discussion

• 19 April 2023
  • 8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thank you for checking out my ‘What I Wish You Knew About SureBackup’ session!

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply below or create a new topic within the Veeam Community Hub, I’d love to talk to you about how you’re using, or planning on using SureBackup within your organisation or for your customers.

As mentioned on the session, if you want to see my ‘Deep Dive’ into SureBackup from a recent Veeam User Group talk, you can find the YouTube video embedded below.

8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

hmmmm ….sounds familiar ...just don’t over run the allotted time ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

This one will be good.

For me it was that Windows firewall can be a real PAIN in VMware when the mac address changes. if you have some specific things set. When Veeam mounts the restore for sure backup VMware gives it a new MAC too :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

One thing which might be nice to focus on is the whole proxying capability with production. I don’t think that people use this feature enough for testing etc. Also I don't know if there is a like a gitbub veeamhubby thingy with community home grown tests for other applications? (quick books :) :) )  I have fiddled with copying those xml files then changing them a bit myself but it would be nice see what the pros in the Automation desk could do :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks everyone for the responses so far, even though the content hasn’t gone live yet.

But to kick this conversation off, yes @Geoff Burke there is 😁

https://github.com/VeeamHub/powershell

As you can see not much activity on these scripts for a while though so I encourage everyone to share what they create 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Thanks everyone for the responses so far, even though the content hasn’t gone live yet.

But to kick this conversation off, yes @Geoff Burke there is 😁

https://github.com/VeeamHub/powershell

As you can see not much activity on these scripts for a while though so I encourage everyone to share what they create 😊

those are in the powershell folder? interesting

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

One thing which might be nice to focus on is the whole proxying capability with production. 

One of the things I hate most about SureReplica, and I’ve said this before, is that you have to setup routing to the proxy server to get to the sandbox network when your replica’s exist on a different subnet than the backup server.  Just talked about this with a client 2 hours ago.  I wish it issued the network checks from the proxy appliance rather than the backup server and we could avoid the manual networking.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thank you everyone that tuned into my session today 😁

I’d love to hear what you thought about it, if you had any questions or scenarios you wanted to discuss etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I’m waiting to view the on-demand version @MicoolPaul . Will be glad to share my view on it after I watch.

Comment