VeeamON 2021 Day 1 Discussion

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Simple question for everyone - what was your favorite Day 1 content/session….. and why (yes, have to answer why :wink:  )

8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I would have to say this session was a really good one - 10 Top Backup and Recovery Performance Tuning Tips

Lots of great tips for optimizing jobs, talking about tasks for Proxies vs CPU, etc.  Great session.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Ooo..thanks Chris! I didn’t get to watch not one session today due to work. That was one I was looking fwd to. Will go check it out, as well as the 75m session on CDP. Thanks man.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I wanted to watch the CDP one but took a break.  LOL

Will watch the recording of it as it was very good also.

Badge

The discussion on Ransomware really got me thinking about segregating our production domain from our backup infrastructure. I’m going to bring that up in a discussion on our next Enterprise Admin meeting, and bring in a Security admin. I’m thinking a domain for humans and other domains for infrastructure objects. Maybe have a one-way trust between them, so that the infrastructure domain can get to things like SCCM, but a bad actor could jump from the human domain to the other.

Badge

I wanted to watch the CDP one but took a break.  LOL

Will watch the recording of it as it was very good also.

That was in my top 3. I definitely recommend you go back and watch it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Great points @Tom T PCC . I created a post here on ransomware suggested practices. Would be good for you to add your input there if you could.
Cheers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

CDP session was excellent. It answered all of my questions and it was the first time that I had seen a complete walkthrough.  I liked the Kasten session as well. Well described and concise. 

Waiting on the APJ content to start - looking forward to the Cybertheats sessions, and Future Trends. :)

Comment