Question

VeeamBackup&Replication 12 instlation failed

Userlevel 2

once i try to install VeeamBackup&Replication the setup refuse to complete it just once started it gives  that 

The error "unknown exception occurred vmaGetpropertiesFromRegistry"

and close the setup and refuse to continue i am sure that happes related to uncorrect uninstalled veeam application is that mean i look for another application ?

20 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @mnour -

What are you trying to install it on? Have you looked at the User Guide system requirements

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Are you trying to upgrade and existing install or is this a new install?  What version of Veeam are you trying to install and what OS are you installing on?  Details help when asking questions like this.

Userlevel 2

i have cloud server having windows server 2019 standerd
my issue i had problem with my veeam so i removed it to installed it again when i do that 
i got that error which refused to install VeeamBackup&Replication 12 or 12.1 same issue 

Userlevel 2

this is the last part from instaling log falied 

***Veeam***  Feature 'CLT_UPD' is not installed.
***Veeam***  Feature 'CLT_UPD' will be installed.
***Veeam***  Feature 'CLT_UPD' will be installed. Detecting '_156E079E4AC6F8F0C9F71C0D65A7E5CE' component with '{156E079E-E4AC-6F8F-0C9F-71C0D65A7E5C}' ID state...
***Veeam***  Component installation mode: 3.
Action 3:25:52: . 
Action ended 3:25:52: VmaFixComponentsStates. Return value 1.
Action 3:25:52: VmaGetPropertiesFromRegistry. 
Action start 3:25:52: VmaGetPropertiesFromRegistry.
Action 3:25:52: VmaGetPropertiesFromRegistry. Getting properties from registry...
***Veeam***  Reading sql properties from registry...
CustomAction VmaGetPropertiesFromRegistry returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)
Action ended 3:25:55: VmaGetPropertiesFromRegistry. Return value 3.
Action 3:25:55: SetupCompleteError. 
Action start 3:25:55: SetupCompleteError.
Action 3:25:55: SetupCompleteError. Dialog created
Action 3:25:56: VmBackupOldLicense. 
Action start 3:25:56: VmBackupOldLicense.
Info 2726.Action not found: VmBackupOldLicense.
Action ended 3:25:56: VmBackupOldLicense. Return value 0.
Action 3:25:56: ISSetupFilesCleanup. 
Action start 3:25:56: ISSetupFilesCleanup.
Action ended 3:25:56: ISSetupFilesCleanup. Return value 1.
Action ended 3:25:56: SetupCompleteError. Return value 2.
Action ended 3:25:56: INSTALL. Return value 3.
=== Logging stopped: 2/8/2024  3:25:56 ===
MSI (c) (98:F4) [03:25:56:471]: Product: Veeam Backup & Replication Server -- Installation operation failed.

MSI (c) (98:F4) [03:25:56:471]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Veeam Backup & Replication Server. Product Version: 12.0.0.1420. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Veeam Software Group GmbH. Installation success or error status: 1603.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You should check the registry and clean up any Veeam keys to remove them.  My suggestion would be to open a support case to solve this as there is something leftover or a component missing based on the SQL message.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Agree with Chris here @mnour , based on your logs, specifically:
Action 3:25:52: VmaGetPropertiesFromRegistry. Getting properties from registry...
CustomAction VmaGetPropertiesFromRegistry returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox
)”

Also check if there’s anything SQL-related in your Programs/Features from Control Panel.

Userlevel 2

You should check the registry and clean up any Veeam keys to remove them.  My suggestion would be to open a support case to solve this as there is something leftover or a component missing based on the SQL message.

i open support case from 5 days or more and no one replay and i should have solution or take desision work with another solution for backup 

regarding sql there is no database related to veeam created on the sql 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

So, nothing in the Registry or Add/Remove Programs (i.e. Programs & Features)?

Well, if not..the only other suggestion as Chris shared, would be to reach out to Support @mnour 

Userlevel 2

Agree with Chris here @mnour , based on your logs, specifically:
CustomAction VmaGetPropertiesFromRegistry returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox
)”

Also check if there’s anything SQL-related in your Programs/Features from Control Panel.

regarding sql there is no database exist for veeam as you see in my screens only in section server object endpoints 

on the registry wheni try to do froce delete by myself it refuse to delete 

Userlevel 2

Well, if not..the only other suggestion as Chris shared, would be to reach out to Support @mnour 

support do not replay this is the main issue really too bad and slow team support 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Ok, we recommend reaching out to Support at this point.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Well, if not..the only other suggestion as Chris shared, would be to reach out to Support @mnour 

support do not replay this is the main issue really too bad and slow team support 

Hopefully they’ll respond soon!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Agree with Chris here @mnour , based on your logs, specifically:
)”

regarding sql there is no database exist for veeam as you see in my screens only in section server object endpoints 

on the registry wheni try to do froce delete by myself it refuse to delete 

Seems like there might be a permissions issue with the installer reading/writing to the registry - maybe that getting fixed will address the issue.

Userlevel 2

any one could help

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

any one could help

We gave you suggestions if that doesn't help contact support for further assistance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

We cannot fix it for you.

Hello mnour.

I have the same error trying to uninstall Veeam Enterprise Manager 12.  Trying to upgrade brings up another error about being unable to stop VeeamRESTSvc.   

I opened a ticket with support and they couldn’t resolve this in timely issue.

I will have to reopen one because this is blocking me from installing the updated console too.

In the mean time if you get the solution, please post her.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I had this error the other day and just ended up cleaning out the registry for VEM as well as program files.  In the end I upgraded VBR and then the installer allowed me to remove the VEM and reinstall it.

I just tried installing it on a different computer to see what I could export for VEM.  And I can’t find any related entries under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veeam.  It dit uninstall fine!

There’s nothing either in the registry on the server I’m trying to uninstall it from either.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I just tried installing it on a different computer to see what I could export for VEM.  And I can’t find any related entries under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veeam.  It dit uninstall fine!

There’s nothing either in the registry on the server I’m trying to uninstall it from either.

Yeah something is not right.  In Control Panel if you look under Add/Remove Programs > Veeam Backup -- what is the version noted there?  I killed an installation of VEM and it messed that up.  Once I upgraded VBR then I could remove VEM and reinstall it.  I think it is a version issue somewhere.

Comment