Veeam Service Provider Console v6 - New Patch

• 2 February 2022
  • 8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

For anyone that is an MSP and happens to use the Veeam Service Provider v6 console for managing your tenants and VCC environments there was a patch released today for this.  I will take the build from 6.0.0.7739 to 6.0.0.8787.

It contains some nice fixes including a new downloadable EXE file for the Windows agent installation.  Check here for further information - KB4277: Release Notes for Veeam Service Provider Console v6 Patch 1

We will be patching and testing our server sometime this week or early next.

8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Chris.Childerhose : Thanks for sharing !

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Nice @Chris.Childerhose , thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Question to the service provider console experts:

Works the console with service provider licenses only or with socket licenses, too?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Works the console with service provider licenses only or with socket licenses, too?

The console needs a rental license.

The console doesn‘t protect vms. But It can manage and license directly Veeam Agents with this rental license.

It‘s possible to see and manage vbr server with socket licenses of your onpremise customers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I don't believe it does as this explains the licensing - https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/vac/provider_admin/licensed_objects.html?ver=60

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Thank you @Chris.Childerhose and @Mildur .

My question was not precise enough.

I think about to manage our clients VBR server with a central environment - Enterprise Manager or Service Provider Console.

Seems that the Service Provider Console can manage VBR servers with all kind of licenses...

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Seems that the Service Provider Console can manage VBR servers with all kind of licenses...

@JMeixner 
Exactly, only one limitation, community edition can not be monitored. 🙂
But which service provider does monitor a community edition, when it‘s against the EULA 😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@JMeixner 
Exactly, only one limitation, community edition can not be monitored. 🙂
But which service provider does monitor a community edition, when it‘s against the EULA 😅

😎 never.

All our clients are at Enterprise or Enterprise Plus level, so this is no problem...

Comment