Solved

Veeam One Reporting

Userlevel 1
  • Not a newbie anymore
  • 3 comments

I am currently using Veeam B&R V11a. I also just installed Veeam One. As part of Veeam B&R, I have several windows servers which have the “Veeam agent for microsoft windows” agent installed. None of the servers  with “Veeam agent for microsoft windows” agent are showing up in Veeam One. 

The data collection method for Veeam One is set to “Veeam Backup Data only”, would I need to change it to a different “Data Collection” mode?

icon

Best answer by Chris.Childerhose 22 February 2023, 19:52

View original

6 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The mode you have set is the right one for VBR data only.  Question - does the VBR server manage the Agents?  If not, then when VONE collects data, it will not get the agents since they are not in the VBR database.  So, you need to have them managed or added to the VBR console to see them in VONE.

Userlevel 1

@Chris.Childerhose Thats what i figured might be the issue. The VBR server does not currently manage the agents. In this case the agent on the server being backed up is in standalone mode. In order to change the agent from standalone to managed mode, I am assuming I will have to uninstall the standalone agent on the servers being backed up and follow this doc to deploy agents managed by VBR?

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/agents/agents_discovery_and_deployment.html?ver=120

or how would I go about adding the standalone agents to VBR?

Userlevel 1

I see the doc now to change from standalone to unmanaged, https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/agents/protected_computers_move.html?ver=120

basically I can move the unmanaged computers to a protection group. will I have to create new backup jobs or can I use the existing backup jobs for the unmanaged servers?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I see the doc now to change from standalone to unmanaged, https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/agents/protected_computers_move.html?ver=120

basically I can move the unmanaged computers to a protection group. will I have to create new backup jobs or can I use the existing backup jobs for the unmanaged servers?

The existing backup jobs should still run without changes I believe.

Userlevel 1

@Chris.Childerhose Got it thank you much for the feedback. Related to Veeam ONE we also have “Veeam backup for Nutanix AHV” configured for which we setup Nutanix AHV backup proxies that I can see within Veeam B&R, but I can’t see these backup proxies within Veeam One. Would this be the same deal where I would have to add the backup proxies to some kind of protection group?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Chris.Childerhose Got it thank you much for the feedback. Related to Veeam ONE we also have “Veeam backup for Nutanix AHV” configured for which we setup Nutanix AHV backup proxies that I can see within Veeam B&R, but I can’t see these backup proxies within Veeam One. Would this be the same deal where I would have to add the backup proxies to some kind of protection group?

No that should not be the case here, but I have never worked with the Nutanix AHV stuff myself.

Comment