Veeam One: adding M365 server in AWS – No data collection

• 27 December 2023
  • 5 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi all,

today I checked and solved a Veeam One issue during Veeam M365 data collection.

This is the scenario:

• 1 Veeam M365 in AWS cloud with its DNS_HOSTNAME
  • 1 Veeam One customer on-prem

In Task and Events tab I see the error:

Fired by event: VeeamEventCollectionFailedEvent

Event description: Failed to collect events data for object AWS_HOSTNAME. The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)
Initiated by: Veeam ONE Monitor (ONESERVER-NAME)

The RPC service is running on both hosts.

From the ONE server I can ping the DNS_HOSTNAME and telnet on needed ports are ok (Firewall is ok).

Why I’ve bolded DNS_Hostname?

Because it’s different from AWS_HOSTNAME. This difference cannot permit to use RPC connection and start collection data.

What’s my solution?

Added AWS_HOSTNAME in host file on Veeam ONE server with DNS IP Address and collection starts properly.

I hope this solution can help someone.

View original

5 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Interesting issue and resolution for data collection.  Will have to keep this in mind in case it comes up.  Thanks for sharing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hmm...interesting indeed. Appreciate the share @Andanet 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Its a good workaround, @Andanet ! Thanks for share.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Interesting issue and resolution for data collection.  Will have to keep this in mind in case it comes up.  Thanks for sharing.

Hi @Chris.Childerhose I wrote it with the intention of it being preserved for posterity ,,😆😆😆

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Chris.Childerhose I wrote it with the intention of it being preserved for posterity ,,😆😆😆

Yep, and I have ensured I have the URL handy. 😋

Comment