Skip to main content

Hello everyone,

is it possible to run Veeam for Salesforce with gui (ubuntu) or is only the ubuntu server variant approved?

Best regards

Hi @gimli -

Welcome to the Community. In the Salesforce User Guide, it states several Linux OSes are supported. You can reference all system requirements there. See link below for requirements, considerations/limitations, “how-tos”, and a host of other information:

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup_salesforce/userguide/sys_requirements.html?ver=20

Hope that helps.

@Andrew.Zhelezko 

@safiya , good one, thanks!

@gimli, sure you can! We don't specifically limit it to "server only". Although, please be aware of additional security risks accociated with it (expanded footprint, network ports, etc). 

Also, depending on what you machine is doing besides VBSF, you might find apps fighting for resources → poor performance. 

If I were you, I'd spin up an additional server quick and play with it the way I wanted, so my main system is clean and I could get to know the product without the risk of affecting other operations.

Please let me know if you need any help with that.

Hi @gimli -

I’m just following up on your post here. Do you still have any questions? Was one of the provided comments sufficient for you? If so, we ask you mark one as ‘Best Answer’ so others with a similar question who come across your post may benefit.

Thank you.

Comment