Solved

Veeam.com account merge (??), can no longer access my account

Userlevel 2

Hi everyone,

So as you can see, I have a valid Veeam.com account and I have had it for several years now. But a few months ago, I was in the midst of some important task and logging into Veeam.com to download some software, when I was suddenly presented with a form to do… something. I can’t quite remember exactly what the purpose of it was, but Veeam wanted some additional information from me, for some reason. This included an email address, which was extra confusing since Veeam already had a valid email address for me on file. So I gave it junk data, including the email. After that though, I’m now presented with a form to verify said junk email, and I’m not allowed to access my account information until this has happened.

I’m assuming I’m not the first person to have done this, since email@domain.com was already taken!

At this point, I’m really just asking for forgiveness for my sin of entering junk data, in the hopes that I can have full access restored to my Veeam account. If anyone here has the power to do that, I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Rick Vanover 18 February 2023, 03:35

View original

3 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey there @dataduper - pls see if this can fix your access: KB4160: Veeam Account Sign In FAQ

Userlevel 2

Hi @Rick Vanover ,

What’s confusing to me is that I do know the (valid) email address and password, and I can still login to my Veeam account without issue. It’s whenever I try to access the my.veeam.com URLs, such as opening support tickets, that I’m prompted to verify this other email that doesn’t exist.

I spoke to Damon in sales who tried to do everything he could from his end, but came away equally perplexed saying that he could see both email accounts tied to the same Veeam account.

At this point, is my only option creating a new account, or is there something Veeam can still do from their end?

Thank you for getting back to me!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

It’s probably easier at this point for you to make a new account unless there is licensing entitlements to the other account.

Comment