Skip to main content

Hi,

I am planning to deploy Veeam CDP in our organization. I would like to know if anyone here has already experienced it in production and what their opinion.

Veeam is a very good product and we've been using it for several years. By asking this question, we just want to be sure that the CDP is stable and works well in a Vmware environment without any negative impact.

Thank you in advance for your answers. 

CDP has been updated a lot on last versions. It’s super stable.
I saw many customer using with big database VMs, I believe you will like a lot.

We are getting ready to large scale launch our CDP based Veeam Cloud Connect product and I’ve handled much of the tech validation around it so I’ve got a good bit experience with it. Some guidance I would give you on this is

• Stay up on version updates, each build since v11 launch has had CDP improvements
  • With 12.2 they are decoupling the VBR update from the VIB updates which will allow you to put that into your regular maintenace cycles for your hosts
  • Linux based Proxies tend to work better
  • Ensure you have good connectivity between hosts, proxies and vCenter

From my experience, Veeam CDP has been very stable, and I’ve been involved in multiple large Cloud Connect CDP implementations where it worked seamlessly. The key is ensuring that the infrastructure (storage and networking) can handle the real-time replication demands, as CDP can be resource intensive.

One thing to pay special attention to is network connectivity and DNS resolution between all ESXi hosts, vCenter, proxies, and VBR servers. In my experience with multiple CDP deployments, DNS issues are the most frequent cause of failures during setup. It’s always DNS! :)

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer me.

Comment