Question

Veeam Backup Repository Access is Denied

• 17 January 2024
  • 8 comments

Userlevel 1

Fairly new to Veeam so this may be a silly question.

I’ve had Veeam for Office 365 setup and running for a while, but recently my repository which had been working fine stopped working.

The repository is a shared folder on a Buffalo NAS.  

Editing my Repository, and checking Free Space I get “Access is Denied”. yet through File Explorer I can  fully access that share.

8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hmm...is there another login you can try in the Edit wizard?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Rick W ! 

This is unusual behavior as you may be using File Explorer. I understand that the usage information is not appearing in the Repository Summary panel. Can you share more details?

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/one/monitor/vbo_repository_overview.html?ver=120

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

This is definitely a credentials or permissions issue with the VB365 server.  As noted by Shane try another login in the edit wizard to see if that works.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Has the NAS applied any updates or any other changes to settings recently?  What about the VB365 server?  Assuming SMB access, I’m wondering if there might have been some sort of security protocol issue where Windows is able to communicate with the share, but Veeam is using something else?  Assuming that different credentials don’t work as specified by Chris and Shane, I’d check into that.  I believe some versions of some Veeam applications used an older version of the SMB protocol, so I’m wondering if that might still be the case and if that was patch up or disabled.

Userlevel 1

Regarding the Edit Wizard, are you referring to the Edit wizard for the Repository?

Forgive me but I don’t see an option to designate another login in that section.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The area where you add the device, before configuring the Repo. You don't add credentials for adding Repos or Proxies. Generally, it's the Managed Servers area. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Rick W -

Did you get this resolved? Just wanted to follow-up to see if what we suggested help, or if not, what you did to get it working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Rick W -

Just wanted to follow up with you again and see if any of the comments/suggestions above helped with your permissions issue? If so, to benefit others who find your post, we ask you mark one of the comments as ‘Best Answer’.

If you reached out to Support, and they helped resolve your issue, could you share what specifically they did?

Thank you.

Comment