Question

Veeam backup offload to azure is getting cancelled when backup runs

• 20 December 2022
  • 4 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi everyone,

I have backup job stored on SOBR(Windows on-prem storage+azure blob). While backup is offloading to azure, it is  getting cancelled because backup job runs. Is it possible for both offload goes on and backup runs without cancelling?

4 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

No cause the offload requires access to the backup files typically so it runs after the backup. Once v12 comes out you will be able to go directly to object or create a BCJ to run also.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

This usually occurs if there are not enough tasks slots open on the repository.  The Backup job has a higher priority than the SOBR offload - so when job starts all the repo tasks are assigned to the proxies.

I allow the SOBR offload to trying doing one of the following:

• Decrease the number of proxy tasks running during a job (this will have a side affect of making backup jobs run longer)
  • Increase the compute capacity ( more cpu/cores/ and RAM) of the repository so it still has enough task slots open when a backup job runs.
  • Just plan on the SOBR offload running when the backup jobs are no longer running.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1

This usually occurs if there are not enough tasks slots open on the repository.  The Backup job has a higher priority than the SOBR offload - so when job starts all the repo tasks are assigned to the proxies.

I allow the SOBR offload to trying doing one of the following:

• Decrease the number of proxy tasks running during a job (this will have a side affect of making backup jobs run longer)
  • Increase the compute capacity ( more cpu/cores/ and RAM) of the repository so it still has enough task slots open when a backup job runs.
  • Just plan on the SOBR offload tuning when the backup jobs are no longer running.

What Changes should be done for workaround of point 3?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Anandu The SOBR offload tasks should start running again after all backup jobs stop.

Comment