Veeam Backup for Office 365 V5 Show stopping bug

• 8 December 2020
  • 8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Morning Guys,

So like a lot of you we’ve been playing with Veeam Backup for Office 365 v5 and deploying the updates on our services and for our customers, we’re catching a bug fairly frequently that is having major consequences. The Veeam Repository isn’t able to upgrade, which is a requirement for the subsequent backups to run, causing immediate backup issues. We’ve engaged with Veeam support and been informed that there’s a hotfix, but that hotfix has also caused issues it appears and jobs are still failing to run. Just wanted to advise prior to everyone upgrading their productions, it might be worth waiting for a few more days…

Thanks!

8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Sorry to hear about the issues @MicoolPaul, thank you for taking the time to let us know. Could you post an update once you have a workaround?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Sorry to hear about the issues @MicoolPaul, thank you for taking the time to let us know. Could you post an update once you have a workaround?

Will do, I wanted to avoid muddying the waters until we have a definitive answer from Veeam Support but currently Veeam Support are insisting on using certificates for authentication now. Prior to this they wanted us to re-create all our backup jobs which as a service provider would be extensively time consuming. I’ll update this as more develops.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thanks for posting! I’m also looking forward on your updates. 

Currently I only have deployed it in a fresh lab so I don’t know how well the upgrade goes in production environments.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Yesterday a new patch has been released: VBO 5a Cumulative Patch KB4078

@MicoolPaul: Did you see those JET errors and did the patch solve your problems?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@MicoolPaul: Did you see those JET errors and did the patch solve your problems?

We’re currently testing this and will report back shortly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

We’re currently testing this and will report back shortly.

I can confirm it is resolved, well done Veeam for chasing up the GA with a patch so quickly!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I can confirm it is resolved, well done Veeam for chasing up the GA with a patch so quickly!

Thank you for reporting back, this is excellent news.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Also thanks from my side; so 5a should be the way to go?

Comment