Skip to main content

hello,

I have two instance of Veeam with Hardened repository. 

On each there is one Job and this contain all VMs from specyfic vCenter.

But on one instance of veeam i have one VIB file per day contining all VMs and on second instance I have one VIB per VM per day. 

Is it configurable somehow on second instacne to also have one VIB file per day for all VMs?? 

Thanks,

Hi @tedew -

Yes, you can configure your Repository to not use Per-VM. But, my question is why? There are many benefits to using Per-VM Repo setting. If you’re on Veeam v12 and above, with Per-VM set, you can Move or Copy VMs to different Repositories or Jobs using VeeamMover. Without it, you can't use this feature. Also, Backup Copy Jobs by default use Per-VM and this cannot be undone with new BC Jobs. Veeam does still recognize “legacy” BC Jobs which may not have Per-VM set/configure. And Job performance is significantly enhanced with Per-VM enabled as you get many more streams to your backend storage.

To configure to not use Per-VM, right-click your Repository > select Properties, then in the Repository section, click the Advanced button and uncheck the “User Per-VM...” option.

Repository Per-VM Setting

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/linux_repository_repository.html?ver=120#configuring-advanced-repository-settings

Before your Backup Chain can begin using single backup files per day, you’ll need to run an Active Full for the Job(s) which use the Repository.

Also, before making this change on a production Job, I recommend creating a ‘test Job’, and run it like you currently have them (multiple files per day). Then, make the above changes I shared and verify the behavior you want (single file). If all goes well, begin modifying your production Jobs as needed.

Comment