• 4 October 2023
  • 9 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hello everyone,

have you read the latest news?

https://www.veeam.com/news/cirrus.html

Introducing Cirrus by Veeam – Backup as a Service

I understand that it is a SaaS, but what are the major differences in functionality with the existing Veeam products (Veeam backup for Azure and Veeam backup for 365) ?

What will be the implications on future developments of the respective solutions?

Edit: I’ve just found a post on Veeam Forum with the same argument, let’s follow the progress  https://forums.veeam.com/veeam-cloud-providers-forum-f34/cirrus-clarifications-t90286.html

9 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

So is this going to replace the VM365 product? Or, probably moreso compliment it as it’s a “service” solution rather than on-prem solution. We’ll see...

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Received this in a Partner communication.  Already in discussion in the Vanguard slack as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Looks like it combines VB365 and VBAzure. Is it an enhancement to those products?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Looks like it combines VB365 and VBAzure. Is it an enhancement to those products?

I don’t think it’s an enhancement, just a “custom” SaaS offering..

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Yeah, I’m trying to sort this out as well...gotta do some more reading on it quick but just saw the partner communication as well.

We need a Slack for the entire Veeam 100 or something so that we can all be a part of this….or else Legends will have to rise up and deploy their own!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Yep I have to plan to deepdive this new offer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

This is definetly an interesting offering. I’m currently waiting to see how the MSP offering takes shape for early 2024

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

To me at first sight it seems to be a offering with underneath Veeam or am I wrong?

I’m going to look into this.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I’m part of the Cirrus team that came across to Veeam with the acquisition so can clarify some of the questions you have.
This is built on the same underlying VBM365 product that we have all been using and uses the same API’s. There are a few frustrations I had with the API as a VCSP which I have raised and will hopefully be improved. Any changes to the API’s will be available to all which I think will bring benefit to anybody using them 🙂

Comment