Question

Veeam Agent for Windows says it's in managed mode

Userlevel 2

Hi there!
I am installing the Veeam agent for Windows (version 5.0.3.4708) on a Windows Server 2012 R2 witch is up for migration this Friday. 

We’re taking backups to our Veeam server. 
But directly after I install the software it says that it’s centrally managed. 
I have scanned trough the Forums and all the KBs on the internet. 

I have tried recreate the database for the Agent, I have tried uninstalling (deleting anything in the registry that have the name Veeam in it), Tried experimenting with the registry keys (says read only mode = 1) and (managed mode =1)

I have tried set those values to zero, and tried to open the application and then it opens, but once I click on “Create backup job” the application hangs. And once I restart the application it just says that it’s in managed mode. I have tried to run the Veeam.Configiration utility witch is in C:\Program Files\Veeam\Endpoint and try to remove the ownership with that, and use the combination of -force, and it just says that it Fays with the error message similar to “this veeam agent is not managed”

This Machine has never had the Veeam agent installed on it before I deployed it yesterday. 
I am migrating 45 Virtual machines, I have installed the agent on 44 machines with great success, it’s just this one that’s acting weird. 

All of this for nothing, if I reinstall the application the registry values are still there, WHERE does it get those values from?

Anyone have any idé?

Is there any thread I'm missing?

Thanks in advance. 

5 comments

Userlevel 2

Agent Version 6 works, but small problem we’re still on Veeam 11 on the server side and it does not work with version 6 of the Agent for Windows

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Do you manage any of the other servers from a VBR server?  Maybe a leftover server in the console?  Seems odd and maybe checking the logs might help too they are here C:\ProgramData\Veeam and then the respective folder.

Other than this maybe a support ticket is in order.

Userlevel 2

No I do not manage any of the other, in VBR server. There is no leftover server, if I go to inventory and unmanaged I can't se the server there neither. I never get that far in to the configuration so I can point out my VBR server, since the error message stating that the product is centraly managed pop ups directly, and I never get the chance to configure anything :) 

But I have got it working with Veeam Agent for Windows version 6.  Now I just need a target running VBR 12 so it will work with 6.x.

I let you know how thing goes :) Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Honestly this sounds like a good case for support if you haven’t opened one already.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi,

Are you deploying the agent manually? Or are you deploying via VBR? I’m guessing you’re deploying manually as you’ve tried installing v6 whilst your VBR server is v11. I’d create a protection group and push the agent out that way.

Comment