Solved

Veeam Agent for Windows Free software update download says digital signature is invalid

Userlevel 1

Cannot auto-update from 5.0.3.4708 because the digital signature of the downloaded update file is invalid!

This is happening on three personal computers at two different locations.

I had to download the update from the website and manually update.

Not a big deal but what is up the the auto-update utility?

icon

Best answer by Techsys 29 June 2023, 17:43

View original

6 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

This is a known issue as noted here in the forums - Update failing due to invalid digital signature of downloaded file (veeam.com)

Downloading the agent to upgrade is the fix or workaround for now.  You might want to add a comment here as well to give it more visibility.

Userlevel 1

I guess I don’t understand why R&D is a completely separate forum whose contents are not included in search results here. I thought this was the correct forum for community end-user issues but apparently that’s wrong. I guess this means I should post any and all future problems there instead. Sorry for the unintended offense 😐

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Techsys

Please note, the RnD forum is not an alternative place to get technical support. If you face a technical issues, please contact our customer support team.

https://www.veeam.com/kb1771

If you come to the RnD forum with a technical issues, we need a support case id from you first:

https://forums.veeam.com/veeam-backup-replication-f2/rules-of-posting-about-errors-or-technical-issues-t755.html

For the issue you are facing, there is a kb article ready which explains what you have todo:

https://www.veeam.com/kb4455

Best,

Fabian

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I guess I don’t understand why R&D is a completely separate forum whose contents are not included in search results here. I thought this was the correct forum for community end-user issues but apparently that’s wrong. I guess this means I should post any and all future problems there instead. Sorry for the unintended offense 😐

No, you can post here but the visibility of issues like this are also better served in the forums where Product Management and Support can see them.  That is all.

This community is separate from the forums yes, but it does not hurt to post here which sometimes then leads to the forums.  😁

Userlevel 1

Now my head is spinning. On one hand, I’m told this is a known issue posted elsewhere, as if I should have known that somehow, even though the search results produced no such information. And now I’m told I should continue posting here. 

Here’s an idea… how about a search utility that actually works? Then I could have been informed of the post on R&D and made a better decision.

Instead, I feel like I should have just avoided posting anything. Perhaps that would be the better future choice to avoid this confusing mess.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Techsys → It is mainly about scaling of people resources. We are lucky to have @Mildur as a very good proxy here to navigate the two properties. We can do a lot more here which is why we have both properties. 

Comment