Veeam Agent for Windows and Veeam Agent for Linux 5.0.2 Released

• 27 December 2021
  • 3 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Twas a few days before Christmas and Veeam decided the sysadmins around the world had been good all year long, they’d tested their backups, met their RPOs and had earned an early gift.

So Veeam released the Veeam Agent for Windows & Veeam Agent for Linux 5.0.2.

Veeam Agent for Windows Download Link

Veeam Agent for Windows 5.0.2 Release Notes

Veeam Agent for Linux Download Links

Veeam Agent for Linux 5.0.2 Release Notes

Key Information:

Veeam Agent for Windows 5.0.2 uplifts support for Windows 10 & 11 to include 21H2 support

Veeam Agent for Linux 5.0.2 supports newer kernels, without this patch, non-file level backups will fail on newer kernel builds 5.15 and 5.16

3 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Installed this on my work laptop which is Win11 no issues so far.  Also included with the latest CU release of v11a.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

This is screen of update, very important is support for Microsoft Windows 11 and 10 ver 21H2, I don’t remember that sentence in 5.0.1 even if Release notes says it was already supported.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I just want to draw attention to this line from https://www.veeam.com/kb4245

• Veeam Agent for Linux: version 5.0.2 comes with veeamsnap kmod/kmp modules signed with a renewed certificate. Following the agent upgrade, you must update veeamsnap-ueficert package and enroll the new certificate to UEFI MOK, otherwise the module will fail to load. This applies only to RHEL/CentOS and SLES/openSUSE machines with UEFI SecureBoot enabled.

Comment