Solved

VEEAM 9.5 and VMWARE 8

• 19 December 2023
  • 4 comments

Userlevel 2
Good morning, I'm trying to install VEEAM 9.5 on a WINDOWS 10 that is virtualized in VMWARE 8, but at the time of installation it gives me a certificate error with ID 110, according to KB2137, I would have to contact VEEAM support, the guy who helped me couldn't solve it, so I came to the community to see if anyone had experienced this problem. With VEEAM 10 AND VEEAM 12 we were able to install but 9.5 generates this error, but I need Veeam 9.5 because the others do not accept VCENTER 5.1, another detail when I install VEEAM 9.5 on VMWARE 6.7 it works correctly.
icon

Best answer by JMeixner 19 December 2023, 15:47

View original

4 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If you look at the compatibility page, you can see that 9.5 does not support vSphere 8 - KB2443: Veeam Backup & Replication support for VMware vSphere

There is no way around this other than using a new version of Veeam or upgrading your VMware environment unfortunately.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

And please be aware that Veeam Backup & Replication V9.5 is out of support for several years now.

What do you want to achieve? A migration from an environment with vCenter 5.1 to a new environment?

Userlevel 2

And please be aware that Veeam Backup & Replication V9.5 is out of support for several years now.

What do you want to achieve? A migration from an environment with vCenter 5.1 to a new environment?

a cross backup would be done, because the infrastructure can only use vcenter 5.1, so VEEAM 9.5 would be necessary, but there is really no way to continue with VMWARE 8.0, perhaps using an older machine and only having the operating system and the veeam inside it, I would like to understand in more depth why with the same operating systems in VMWARE 8 and VMWARE 6.7 one accepts the installation and the other not seen both were using WINDOWS 10, forgive my ignorance but I'm curious
Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The connection to vSphere 8 and vCenter 8 is not supported with VBR 9.5

vSphere 8 is approximately 6 years newer than VBR 9.5

The handling of certificates is very ddifferent in vSphere 5.1 and 8, there are 9 - 10 years development between them. It's not a problem of Win10 (Win10 is from 2015, so it is 8 years old, too).

Comment