Solved

VEEAM 11a - questions about agents - "Technical Preview"

• 4 February 2022
  • 8 comments

Userlevel 2
  • New Here
  • 2 comments

I’m using Veeam 11 (11a? not sure how to tell) Community Edition on my home network.  Mostly everything is working fine; however, two of five win10 computer agents (5.0.1.4584) in the inventory are showing :  Microsoft Windows version installed on this machine is not officially supported by Veeam yet.  which is AFAIK is incorrect - both are standard Windows 10 Pro installs (I have never used any dev or pre-release builds). 

For example, the machine that gave the above is 10.0.19044 N/A Build 1466 which according to this page https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-health/release-information is a production release, not a Technical Preview.

Where is the issue?  How do I convince Veeam that it a production OS?

PS, in case you are wondering; the backup still works.  The issue is my reporting mechanism… since Veeam reports a Warning due to “Technical Preview”, I keep getting alerts about the issue.

icon

Best answer by MicoolPaul 4 February 2022, 20:10

View original

8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You are getting that message cause that particular build of Windows 10 is not supported as per the list here - System Requirements - Veeam Agent Management Guide

The earliest version of Windows 10 is 1507 (don’t recall the build number for that one)

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi!

Check out 

For more information on the latest versions so you can compare your builds, but the latest version of the Veeam Agent for Windows is 5.0.2, with regards to the build not being supported, it’s not referring to Technical Preview in your case, but actually the Feature Update you’re running on those Windows 10 machines (likely 21H2). Hope this helps!

Userlevel 2

Please don’t confuse the “build number” with the other nomenclature Microsoft uses… yes, it is confusing.  From the Microsoft link I posted, this is what I have :

Version 21H2 (OS build 19044) 

LTSC • General Availability Channel 2022-01-11 19044.1466 KB5009543

So I’m only two minor releases back from the latest and greatest.  Are you guys saying I am running too *new* a version of Windows 10?

How do I get agent 5.0.2?  I just downloaded the latest ISO and ran a “repair” on my installation - still no option to update my agents.

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Please don’t confuse the “build number” with the other nomenclature Microsoft uses… yes, it is confusing.  From the Microsoft link I posted, this is what I have :

Version 21H2 (OS build 19044) 

LTSC • General Availability Channel 2022-01-11 19044.1466 KB5009543

So I’m only two minor releases back from the latest and greatest.  Are you guys saying I am running too *new* a version of Windows 10?

How do I get agent 5.0.2?  I just downloaded the latest ISO and ran a “repair” on my installation - still no option to update my agents.

Thank you

Sorry about that as this is always a mixup with MS builds, etc.  No you have a good version of Windows 10 and should be supported.

The agent 5.0.2 - if you run the agent on the workstation and check for update it should see it there to update the application.  Hopefully as @MicoolPaul said this will address this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Assuming you’re on v11a as your agent is version 5.0.1, install the latest Cumulative update (https://www.veeam.com/kb4245) and it’ll update the Veeam Agent to 5.0.2 (if deployed and managed by Veeam) that KB specifically references 21H2 support

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yes, I had this issue, too.

The last Veeam version solves this.

And I think it will reappear with the next majot Win 10 update. Veeam needs some time after GA of the Windows version to test and adapt. But normally they are rather fast with this.

Userlevel 2

Assuming you’re on v11a as your agent is version 5.0.1, install the latest Cumulative update (https://www.veeam.com/kb4245) and it’ll update the Veeam Agent to 5.0.2 (if deployed and managed by Veeam) that KB specifically references 21H2 support

Boom!  problem solved!  Thank you.  I swear I looked for any patches or upgrades before posting but had no luck :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Glad we got to the bottom of it!

Comment